Himmler visit to Madrid and Spain photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler visit to Madrid and Spain photo album

I was at my local Border's bookstore today and saw a Spain publication magazine called "Aventuras de la Historia/ Adventures in History" in it there are some great photos from two recently discovered photo albums of the visit of H. Himmler to Spain in 1940 and all the locations and personalitys involved in his tour, one of the photo albums have an personal handwriten dedication of Himmler, the other album is concentrate in the Franco/Hitler meeting and several "Spanish Nazi Party" events, one of the photos show the funeral prosesion of Spanish facist leader Jose Antonio, in which you can see three NSDAP standard bearers in party uniforms with party flags, the great thing is the "city/town" name patch, one of them is "Madrid", I assume the other had similar Spanish citys/regions names, never saw those photos!!

The photo albums where the property of the "NSDAP representative in Spain, Hans Thomsen....at least that what the article states, and where stored and forgoten in an friends attic in Spain until 1998.

Any one know if the entire photo collection in these albums have been published?, there around 420 in them and their quality and historical details are very good!!!!!!
    Last edited by Federico Perez; 04-01-2010, 10:01 PM.

Great info - could you post pages/pics of this article?

Thanks in advance and Gruss aus Deutschland!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X