ss panzer m43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss panzer m43 cap

Hi could you guys tell me if the insignia on this cap is original to the cap and what would be a fair price for it. thanks in advance guys
    Attached Files

can you provide closer pictures?
    HC

Comment

heres some better photos
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

M43

If I HAD to make an assessment, I would say no. IMO, the insignia should be more sunken into the cap. Right now, you're dealing with one of the trickiest items of all. 2-piece insignia Panzer M-43's are VERY rare, so you've got to be very careful. Ever see the photos of captured SS men where they still are wearing their caps, but with the insignia removed? Probably why so you see so many post-war M-43 restorations. Bottom line: If you've GOT to have an SS M-43, I think you've got to be able to live with with this possibility, unless there's solid provenance. I could be very happy with a post-war restoration if the 2-piece insignia was original, and I KNEW the cap was an original SS M-43, and not a converted Army cap. The skull looks good to me. The eagle and the cap itself, we'll wait for other opinions.

Comment

k thanks for your comment i wonder what other collecters will say about it

Comment

I think this cap has been discussed before. Perhaps I am wrong.
              Both the skull and the eagle are nice original insignias. However the age tone of them does not add up to each other IMHO. From what I see it is a restored cap as its best. The coarse weave of the black "wool" cloth is also a bit strange, to say the least.

Cheers,
              Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                I think this cap has been discussed before. Felix
                I am agree.

Cap itself and insignia are originals, I can't say if original applied.
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

the set it's nice with a rare skull. I don't think original applied.

price of the cap? for me as an heer cap + ss insigna. FOR ME

In this case i would prefer a cap with a machine sewn trap. Or an unquestionable SS cap.by the way it's nice.

Comment

I remember to have seen this cap for sale on Hannahsreich's site.
                    Luca
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
                      I remember to have seen this cap for sale on Hannahsreich's site.
                      Luca
                      Luca it seems that this cap is at present on sale on LAST REICH's web site.

Regards,
                      Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbe View Post
                        Luca it seems that this cap is at present on sale on LAST REICH's web site.

Regards,
                        Roberto
                        Ciao Roberto I remembered Hannahsreich, indeed is on Last Reich site.
                        Luca
                        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

thanks for all your comments

Comment

1. Most times one get an unmessed used item one can see at first glance that the insignia has been there since applied, it kinda has grown in the cloth.

2. The stiches along with the insignia has a mutial used color wich is transmited from the uniform cloth it is attached on.

3. The worn condition matches the item it is applied on even if the insignia is worn so much that it is worn to pieces.

Most ss headgear sold around is reapplied with original insignia and sold as untouched. This I conclude with my points above along with other collectors research.
                            To many base all their confident regardly on the sellers reputation.
                            This is a general statment I have on the subject. Regarding this cap IMO I don`t think the insignia has been there since ww2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X