Has anyone seen one of these before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen one of these before?

I am sure that this is a party piece, but has anyone seen one before? and if so, does anyone know what it is meant to be please?

The size of it is.... 7cm by 5cm.

many thanks for your help if you can shed some light on this item for me..

regards,
    Belinda
    Attached Files
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Belinda,

This is one of the fantasy pieces that were made in the US and sold from the late 1960s until the 1990s.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

A total fantasy, nothing this bad could ever have existed. RZM symbol is wrong. Those numbers on the reverse have no relation to reality. I've seen this fake before. Run, don't walk.

Comment

Many thanks to both of you for your help . I bought an assortment of items and some I know are original, but there were also a couple of items that I was pretty sure were party pieces.... and this is one of them, but as I am by no means an expert, I just wanted to be sure for definite, and you have both kindly done that for me....

many thanks once again,

kindest regards,
        Belinda
        sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
          I am sure that this is a party piece
          Yes, costume party!

Comment

Many thanks bwanek1 for helping me out ... Gawd! I am sooooo glad that I never paid a load out for it.....

regards,
            Belinda

Comment

Well one of the first things to look at is the fact that it says "Waffen-SS 1939", basic knowledge on W-SS and that the formation got this name first in 1940 should be able to rule it out as fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse L View Post
                Well one of the first things to look at is the fact that it says "Waffen-SS 1939", basic knowledge on W-SS and that the formation got this name first in 1940 should be able to rule it out as fake.
                Good point!

And I fully agree with the others as well, a total fantasy piece!

Cheers,
                Felix

Comment

Many thanks Lasse for your help and I will remember that bit of good advice in future.

I will be the first to admit that I love collecting, but my knowledge is pretty poor.

regards,
                  Belinda

Comment

Many thanks Felix for your help.

regards,
                    Belinda

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                      Belinda,

This is one of the fantasy pieces that were made in the US and sold from the late 1960s until the 1990s.

Bob Hritz
                      agree

Comment

Key Chain

My rabbi has one exactly like that on his key chain. He was a former KAPO. This one's right out of the woodwork.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X