X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Map Pack and SS motorcycle Vehicle license plate

Your opinion? Thank you!
    http://www.shou-cang.com/bbs/viewthr...extra=page%3D1

License plate is junk. I can't comment on the map case.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpahl View Post
      License plate is junk. I can't comment on the map case.
      License plate is junk, This means right? Thanks!

Comment

Junk = Garbage = not right = wrong.

Comment

Junk = Fake...

Comment

map case and plate

Map case looks good to me, license plate appears to have antiquing shellack appiled to crack the paint (this ia an agent you can purchase from paint supply stores) and I have never seen any originals with the crackliy paint, plus though it looks used because you can see where it was screwed onto bike, there are no red stamps on it as any used one should have...all IMO. NB

Originally posted by Knight View Post

Comment

Thank you! I have bought from this military stores.

http://www.antikvariat.ru/store/elem...ur=EUR&cur=RUB

Comment

You should have posted pictures before you purchased.
                P.s. do you know of any (or many) other collectors of German WWII militaria in China?\
                Regards,
                Jp

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
                  You should have posted pictures before you purchased.
                  P.s. do you know of any (or many) other collectors of German WWII militaria in China?\
                  Regards,
                  Jp
                  Small collection of German military in China, people are not a lot.

Comment

Small collection of German military in China, people are not a lot.
                    Knight,
                    Interesting. I don't know if I've seen many members here that are from China. Welcome.

I have something to say/ask, and I hope that you don't find it offensive. If you do, I am so very sorry about that, please let me know what you think.

Are you aware that many people in collecting communties of most types are wary and cautious of the Country of China because so many fakes, counterfiets and unauthorized reproductions come from there?

That's it. It is a little bit also of a "heads up", or "take notice" because I think alot of people will agree with what I am saying about the fear of quality counterfiet repros coming from China, (as well as other countries).
                    That being said, it looks to me that the liscense plate you show could very well be a repro from China. The final product looks alot like other Chinese repro items I've seen over the years.

Knight, please understand that I am aware that counterfiets are made in all countries of the World, but you must admit that China is famous for its huge industry of counterfieting and "faking" items.

I'm sorry if you find this post out of line or offensive, but I thought I should have said it. Please let me know what you think or if you disagree.

Regards,
                    John Pen.

Comment

Originally posted by napesica View Post
                      Map case looks good to me, .............all IMO. NB
                      napesica,
                      Isn't the SS stamp a "bad" sign?
                      I think I remember a thread about that.???
                      ..but thread wasn't about map cases but leather goods and the stamp itself, stamp coming from Eastern Europe or ?

Best,
                      Jp

Comment

ss mapcase

SS markings on the map case look too fresh to me. Too sharp edges. I wouldn't trust them.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
                          Knight,
                          Interesting. I don't know if I've seen many members here that are from China. Welcome.

I have something to say/ask, and I hope that you don't find it offensive. If you do, I am so very sorry about that, please let me know what you think.

Are you aware that many people in collecting communties of most types are wary and cautious of the Country of China because so many fakes, counterfiets and unauthorized reproductions come from there?

That's it. It is a little bit also of a "heads up", or "take notice" because I think alot of people will agree with what I am saying about the fear of quality counterfiet repros coming from China, (as well as other countries).
                          That being said, it looks to me that the liscense plate you show could very well be a repro from China. The final product looks alot like other Chinese repro items I've seen over the years.

Knight, please understand that I am aware that counterfiets are made in all countries of the World, but you must admit that China is famous for its huge industry of counterfieting and "faking" items.

I'm sorry if you find this post out of line or offensive, but I thought I should have said it. Please let me know what you think or if you disagree.

Regards,
                          John Pen.
                          Thank you for your advice! Glad to hear your thoughts. I am a military enthusiast, I bought all the military are from countries other than China. Indeed our country has seen a lot of fakes, I am ashamed as a Chinese, I also hate fakes. I very much hope that more money can buy really good stuff. These issues need government legislation to address and combat. Are pleased to be able to communicate with you, hope you more help! Thank you again!

Comment

Thank you for your advice! Glad to hear your thoughts. I am a military enthusiast, I bought all the military are from countries other than China. Indeed our country has seen a lot of fakes, I am ashamed as a Chinese, I also hate fakes. I very much hope that more money can buy really good stuff. These issues need government legislation to address and combat. Are pleased to be able to communicate with you, hope you more help! Thank you again!
                            Don't feel too ashamed of China's countrfieting, Germany was the first to make reproductions right after the War, mostly for the souvenir market aimed at soldiers of occupying armies. Then from the 1960's until today, many fakes were made in the U.S. Some of the early fakes are difficult to detect because they are now "old". More recently many countries in Eastern Europe are making many fakes. India and Pakistan are making alot of fakes as well. Fakes are being made all over the world. China is not unique.

People in the collecting world are getting concerned because the more valuable items become, the better the "fakes" will also become....... if that continues, the bottom may generally fall out.

Anyway Knight, good luck to you in building your collection.
                            If you want to show some of your collection, feel free to post pictures here!
                            Best Rgards,
                            John Pen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X