Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallonien cuff title

Came across this is on the web...
    Some of Charlie's treasures.... YIKES...
    Attached Files

Note staples...not that it matters...
    I guess its a sign of authenticity...insignia vet mounted like this...
    I think NOT!
    Attached Files

Comment

BeVo marked but still no good!
      Attached Files

Comment

It's the pillow that authenticates it for me...not the vet style mounting job.

Comment

I wouldn't breath the air around it in case that was fake too.

Comment

Junk.

Dave

Comment

I would have given 10 bucks for the repro's, but now even they are worthless with the rust stains...oh I forgot the rusty staples are the only thing ww2 about it!

ok and the pillow cover

Comment

This "grouping" has made the rounds, trying to dupe collector and dealer alike. Anyone know who owns it?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                  This "grouping" has made the rounds, trying to dupe collector and dealer alike. Anyone know who owns it?

Tom
                  In the first post I am providing a hint on the ownership without directly naming the full name of the peddler of these dubious wares...
                  The dealer is offering all the components seperately, but if you add it all up its over $14K for this crap! ($3K for the cuff title alone)
                  OUCH!
                  That's grand theft in my book!

Just wanted to illustrate how far some people will go to make something look convincing to the not so educated....
                  They used a badly faded (worthless) US armed forces pillow case cover to create this forgery...
                  I would give my left "you know what" for an original a Wallonien cufftitle though!

Comment

He "snydered" them of the pillow, but didn't even bother to take the staples out.

Nick, what are you even doing on that site?!

Comment

Ah,

I wish I had read this thread before I bought the stapled Wallonien cuff title! Not a problem, I have advised Charles that the title is a fake, based on this thread discussion, and he is taking it back without question. I have also now done a lot more research on Bevo recognition, before I buy another one!

Was there only ever one manufacturer, one technique for Bevo?

A question- who makes these fakes/repros? Are there distinctive features that indicate particular brands/manufacturers? Were they originally made to deceive or for reenactors etc?

This Wallonien cuff title is completely dead under UV, as I would have expected from a period item. Whoever made it used non-fluorescing materials.

Mike

Comment

Cuff Title

"A question- who makes these fakes/repros? "

The Wallonien cuff title offered by Reddick; under magnification, bears more than a passing resemblence to your purchase, especially regarding seriffs and font style.

Charles Betz

Comment

'Wallonien' was made in the RZM machine-embroidered style and this 'BeVo' machine-woven type. The common traits of all BeVo cufftitles apply to this type ... Saw-tooth front borders and a ........... pattern on the reverse of the borders NEVER .,.,.,.,.,.,., not EVER.

Ian.

Comment

Not good!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X