Skull Ring Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull Ring Question?

I picked up this skull ring a few months ago and just wanted to know what it is, is it real, and what it might be worth?

For some reason this Forum will not allow me to post any photo's.
    If someone would give me their email address that might be able to help me out, I will send some photo's.
    Thanks

If you pay membership fees, $25. per yer, (cheap) you can post all the photos you like.

Comment

$$

PAY THE $$$!! It's the best investment you will ever make!

Cheers

Cary

Comment

yep!

Originally posted by cary milligan View Post
        PAY THE $$$!! It's the best investment you will ever make!

Cheers

Cary
        ,,WELL worth the price of admission.

Comment

Posting for Rocky!

Imho an original, but well worn and messed with the eyes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice, ,old , ,probably before WW2 old...

Comment

an opinion...

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                Nice, ,old , ,probably before WW2 old...
                ,,from one of the most knowledgeable in this hobby!
                great photos Roger, Welcome to the forum.
                cheers and congrats,
                Paul
                Last edited by PaulMann; 03-27-2010, 11:59 PM. Reason: 1.5

Comment

Am I right it is a russian Ring?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pzb14,
                    Looks close to me, even though design is not exact, especially if the one you show has "jewlled" eyes as it appears to have. Anyone speaking Russian care to translate text?
                    Jp

Comment

very nice almost identical ring with red rubins eyes with some ss stuff was dug up by some digger in Pomerania a couple of years ago

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
                        Pzb14,
                        Looks close to me, even though design is not exact, especially if the one you show has "jewlled" eyes as it appears to have. Anyone speaking Russian care to translate text?
                        Jp
                        Hi John,here is what i can translate about skull ring,

Skull ring in silver, 84% of silver,massive hand made,oxidized, with red stones in eyes, not much info at all just description of what it is and price 3 rubles 20 k
                        it is very old Russian i assume this is about 1900-1915 thats when Ruble was most valuable currency.

regards,

Eddie
                        Last edited by Eddie; 03-28-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Skull & snakes,,one of,, if not the most popular patterns of men's ring .

Everyone loved them, Germans, Russians, Baltic countries, Spain, Finland, Norway , etc etc it keeps on going. I have seen ads from all these countries for this pattern. Strangely, US service men didn't seem to be big wearers of these type rings until after the war, even though they've been advertised in the US since the turn of the 20th cent. .

This one is old for sure. The Russian ad shown here is pre Revolution. The ring could be also,,imagine that, almost 100 years old!

Comment

.........................The ring could be also,,imagine that, almost 100 years old!
                            It looks it, that's for sure, seems to say so with those cool purple chipped glass eyes. It looks also to be about 84% silver, like the one in the Russian ad.
                            You are right though(of course), it could also be from any, and etc., of the countries you listed.
                            Nice ring with an unkown story anyway.
                            Jp
                            p.s....IMO you will get best price for this on Ebay, they have no ban on Skull rings.... just don't mention anything blatently related to the Third Reich(which would be stretching the truth anyway).
                            Last edited by John Pen.; 03-28-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Skull & snakes,,one of,, if not the most popular patterns of men's ring .

Everyone loved them, Germans, Russians, Baltic countries, Spain, Finland, Norway , etc etc it keeps on going. I have seen ads from all these countries for this pattern. Strangely, US service men didn't seem to be big wearers of these type rings until after the war, even though they've been advertised in the US since the turn of the 20th cent. .

This one is old for sure. The Russian ad shown here is pre Revolution. The ring could be also,,imagine that, almost 100 years old!
                              When is your book coming out, Gaspare? If I am not paying attention, please let me know on its release. Some of us out here are too busy to check in very often any more...I hope there is some fanfare when you do release it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X