New skull and eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSgentleman View Post
    this forum is merciless with words !! SSgentleman's advice is to thread carefully here to survive !! of course we can afford a little humour at times. let's thanks Brad for keeping this forum free of pest and shadowy figures
    Touché ! a true Gentleman!
    I agree, but treading lightly goes both ways for newer members as well as older members. I don't understand how some people when they get to a certain status (in their own heads) think they can disrepect others because they think that they are at a higher level. It's ridiculous, and you would think that a collector of Nazi memorabilia would be aware of their historic lesson learned......or maybe in this certain case that is the appeal to the hobby, being abusive to others.
    If I get thrown off for calling j*rks out on their bad behavior, then so be it.
    p.s., and to be clear, I am not referring to Brad.

Jp

Comment

always show gentleman behaviour in this forum, I live by this motto
      as in the member's case... his fate has been sealed there is no case or chance for revival, so let's move on and focus what the forum is all about - good discussion of nice and bad SS stuff

Comment

for sure... in this forum
        the more posts you have..whether most are total s... or not
        gives you the right to make whatever comments you chose
        no matter how offensive..
        and with no comeback..
        and
        i dont know carlsson personaly or other members
        who are demonised..

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
          I am not defending Sid, I don't know him. He seemed nice, I guess he's not. That's life. My comment here is to another member here that NEVER seemed nice to me,
          John, I have tried to help you in the past, both on the forum and by PM ..... the comment that one, many or all could also be Sid wasn't meant to be taken that seriously and if it was I apologise to those who rightly feel offended.

It's not unknown for multiple registrations to hold pages of conversations with themselves to try to authenticate an argument or specific item (not perhaps on this forum) it's definately happened before.

My main fault (I have many) is that I'm TOO honest ... and that means what we say over here 'Calling a spade a spade' I can assure you that I have never knowingly given anyone bad advice and certainly never robbed anyone. You can check all the militaria forums and on those I'm on I use my real name ... the one I was given at birth, if you PM me I'll even give you my phone number .. I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of.

As someone who no-longer actively collects, only studies SS (and some other IIIrd Reich) militaria and tries to help others I have no dog in these fights but the good guys being shot down and the crooks defended goes against the grain.

Ian

Comment

Ian,
            All forgotten.
            Let's get back to what these forums are all about.
            Thanks Ian....and my apologies for being over-defensive.

Best Regards,
            John Pen.

Comment

Amen The offer is still there though

I'm afraid I'd already moved on

Comment

Well, Revi lives and I have done business with Sid, to mutual satisfaction.
                I must say I only just remembered his name reading this topic, for what it is worth (?) and without trying to defend Sid's further positive or negative actions I can only tell you that I remember him to be a correct and friendly guy, correct handling.
                No problems. So that's one positive and one negative personal deal as far as I've read.

Best,

Seth.

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
                  So that's one positive and one negative personal deal as far as I've read.
                  Then you need to go back and read again. There is a long history of scams he has pulled--or tried to pull--involving multiple members of this forum.

As I previously stated, I am sure there are plenty of folks whose dealings with him have not been at all bad. If you were among the lucky ones, great for you, but that does nothing to absolve him of guilt for his other well-documented crimes.

This is also not counting those outside of the forum, whom we know he tried to victimize via other means, like the Belgian auction site. Even if none of those he screwed by selling outright fakes as authentic was one of us on this forum, he would not be welcome here. Crooks like Sid, Charlie Snyder, etc. do not have a place among us.

Comment

HI Guys-

I want to explain my involvment with Sid if we can call it that....Sid emailed me under what I guess was his full name about an item I had for sale...a skull on an SS Diary saying that he felt the maker could have been a 254/42...I had listed in the description that I was confident it was a Deschler but I was not going to pull the piece off the diary to check the code and possible break the pins etc. I was impressed by his observation as another loose 254/42 that I had did indeed have the same curvature to the skull when looked at from the top and bottom, this looked to be done at the field level by the soldier on both skulls but I was not 100 percent sure and it did stick in my mind, anyway they both were cupal pieces and he had suggested some way to take a peak at the reverse to determing the maker code...I told him I would try that when I had the time and I left it at that and moved onto other things never checking.

A few weeks later Sid emailed me asking me if I was a member of waf and what my handle was...I said yes I was "John T"...he then emailed back and said he had gotten kicked off and if I could help. I replied asking what was the nature of explusion...he said that he offended Brad and Gary. At that point I did not get involved as I know getting involved with moderators members etc in administrative matters gets oneself the boot, and I did not want to pry as I know things get taken the wrong way, emotions get involved and the party trying to intercede gets his ass in a bind.

Today I read this thread so I see what the issue is...so anyway all I can say is that Sid seemed fine in the threads where I did see him respond in a few months that I saw him on the forum and I did not know about his explusion etc. If he was doing things where he was ripping off collectors we can not have that and yes that is grounds for explusion but at the same time I am one who does believe in redemption and it can happen where somebody can turn their life around, but it is not easy and takes some effort, a lot of effort and a will to do so. If Sid has done these things that he is accused of which are bad indeed and he agrees to stops and honestly does stop then I would agree to let him back but one more slip up and then he would have to be expelled forever...just my two cents and I respect the views of everybody else. I have not gotten burned by him so if those people have views then they have the right to be heard also.

Best,

J

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                      ...I am one who does believe in redemption and it can happen where somebody can turn their life around, but it is not easy and takes some effort, a lot of effort and a will to do so. If Sid has done these things that he is accused of which are bad indeed and he agrees to stops and honestly does stop then I would agree to let him back but one more slip up and then he would have to be expelled forever...just my two cents and I respect the views of everybody else. I have not gotten burned by him so if those people have views then they have the right to be heard also.

Best,

J
                      Essentially he already did get a second chance. This was it…and blew it!
                      <O</O<O</O
                      He was already expelled from this forum and snuck back under a false identity. It became known many months ago who he really was and, despite the fact that he had already been banned for life and could have been immediately expelled again, he was allowed to remain (though some were keeping a close eye on him). However, despite some evidence that he had turned over a new leaf, eventually, he started reverting back to his old habits and trying to pull some of the same old scams again. That is when his plug got pulled. He blew it again.<O

He will try to make this sound like he is being unfairly persecuted, but that is a smokescreen. He is a crook, plain and simple. He has proved that repeatedly and his scams got him thrown off this forum twice now (plus once off another). He has no one to blame but himself.

Comment

Dear Bwanek,

I said one pos. and one neg. personal deal I have read of, yours and mine, the rest is about deals spoken of by third parties and not personal comments, that is my only point. And a guy who can't comment on what he is accused of but would want to, forummembers who are confronted with Sid being expelled, for them, out of the blue. Maybe a short notice by the administrator would have been in place.
                        I personally, and as I have read more forummembers, don't know this Sid from earlier expulsion, names and / or whatever happened.

It is simpel, not all is negative as suggested, I did have a good deal and simply want to state that in person and yes great for me, bad luck for you, I'm sorry to read.
                        That he has to pay for the negative deals is beyond doubt, I am also not making a pro or contra list, read carefully, I am not defending or trying to rehabilitate Sid, if this Sid is being crucified it would be proper i.m.o. to use only facts from people involved in case there is a need for that to clarify the sudden expulsion.

And get it over with, back to original topic please.

Best,

Seth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X