Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Guys:
              Last month there was a thread showing tuxedo buttons. A member mentioned that there were also SS cufflinks that went with the outfit. These appear to be identical to the buttons from last month. These are 18mm, there are no markings of any kind. I have included a pic of a pic from Life magazine showing the tux in wear. Opinions please
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                  there was a topic on these a few years a go cant remember the out come , so i take it these are fake ? there was a very good topic on GD forum but seems like every good topic that was there they have removed .
                  Last edited by judas; 02-21-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                    there was a topic on these a few years a go cant remember the out come , so i take it these are fake ?

I've seen loads of these plated brass cufflinks over the years..............since the 1970s. The stamping is good, but the materials are pretty poor. Not exactly jeweller quality.

The other ones discussed earlier were in hallmarked silver with SS markings...........some thought they were good and others (including me) thought they were bad.

You pays your money and you takes your choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                      I've seen loads of these plated brass cufflinks over the years..............since the 1970s. The stamping is good, but the materials are pretty poor. Not exactly jeweller quality.

The other ones discussed earlier were in hallmarked silver with SS markings...........some thought they were good and others (including me) thought they were bad.

You pays your money and you takes your choice!
                      thanks ! i am still at your first post

Comment

Is that Stan Laurel on teh left?

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                          Is that Stan Laurel on teh left?
                          Yes
                          Attached Files

Comment

Don't see what is wrong with these? every button manufacturer usually made their buttons into cufflinks for customers.
                            Just look at the reprinted S&L catalog for examples.
                            So far I've seen Heer, KM, Luft. RAD examples that looked like fine period pieces. Why not these? Construction looks fine. etc.

Comment

Hermann Historica Munich in the upcoming auction 59, has just posted on their online catalog an identical pair of SS cufflinks in the Waffen SS section under #8291, with a reserve of 500 Euros.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X