No announcement yet.

SS Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to see some nice posters go on Tony's site. The link is in his signature. www.ssrelics.net

Comment

Unbelievable that even today fakers can just slam a couple of runes on a well-known magazine cover design , and sell them as an SS-poster .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
        Guys ,
        To help me understand the process of faking these posters ...can we please look at Komm zu uus and without beating me to death explain ......where these posters came from and on what type of paper and inks were used?
        Also how much were they sold for and how much would they be worth today ?
        Thanks in advance .
        owen
        Owen,

Sorry buddy, but I think it would be easier to beat you to death than explain all these fake posters...

Richard

Comment

These are fantasy put-togethers, the same company also makes interesting anti-semitic designs...they are done on paper that is pre-aged...as I recall almost rubbery....junk. They take real period pix, artwork add some modern graphics etc and create these fantasy products...I have seen these retail for about 150 dollars. If you are happy with these items then that is nice but they are not original TR era,

Comment

Guys ,
            Thanks .
            All my questions have been answered in full.

And I may add flair and good nature !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
              These are fantasy put-togethers, the same company also makes interesting anti-semitic designs...they are done on paper that is pre-aged...as I recall almost rubbery....junk. They take real period pix, artwork add some modern graphics etc and create these fantasy products...I have seen these retail for about 150 dollars. If you are happy with these items then that is nice but they are not original TR era,

I think it was Gaspare on another thread who mentioned seeing a lot of fake/reproduction posters in East European markets, where these guys possibly have access to original paper stocks and can print up anything they want.

The Dutch poster that Uscha has on the eStand looks like a nice original.

Comment

Hi Tony-

That makes sense as when I have seen these offered here for sale at shows they were often by dealers who sold lower end items from the former USSR...they would have Soviet items and fake German Third Reich items along with these posters which also made their way onto the tables of some dealers who also sold things where the buyer had to decide with regards to authenticity (kinda like the fake gorgets we now see floating around). When I first looked at them I was impressed by the fantasy nature of the designs but immediately recognized them as nothing more...if they were 20 dollars each I would have bought some as a few of the designs did look intteresting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X