hello
    sorry they are not original.
    regards
    uscha

Comment

SS fantasy posters.

Hopefully you don't own them........

Comment

OK, I can imagine the last one being suspicious because the guy is wearing the normal Heeresuniform for tank crew.

Could you please give advice why all the others are claimed to be fakes as well?

I think many collectors are still willing to learn.

Comment

Hi
          I know posters and these are junk. Forget these fantasy ones and seek originals.
          A nice norwegian waffen ss poster lies on ca $1500,- - $2000,.

Comment

I have the prinz eugen poster well, the art work, on the cover of an original copy of Die Woche magazine.

Comment

Thanks for opinions.
              Here the small poster of format А4

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                OK, I can imagine the last one being suspicious because the guy is wearing the normal Heeresuniform for tank crew.

Could you please give advice why all the others are claimed to be fakes as well?

I think many collectors are still willing to learn.

Okay Thorsten. I'll give my thoughts on them but I'm not going to bother arguing in circles with you as you like to do, until you think you have won.

1. The "Die Woch" series is where someone has taken a bunch of original Third Reich poster designs that have nothing to do with the SS, and slapped on a set of SS runes.

2. The "SS in Kampf" poster we have argued about before and I still stand by my original argument, that while it is an original drawing by Mjolnir, it is missing his signature and I still have yet to see one original poster design by him that is unsigned; from pre-war to the wars end.

Also this one pictured here has green flames and green skin on the figures.

This must be the "Nazis from Mars" version.

3. "Komm zu uns" are a series of fantasy and real component posters. There is also one for "Horst Wessel" as well, that has appeared in a few different color variations.

4. The "Prinz Eugen" is another like the SS in Kampf poster which makes no sense - original artwork but no recruiting statement, or recruiting office address etc.

5. The Luft Helper poster is an original design but this one has incorrect colors and the wrong font.

6. Another in the "Die Woch" series - see point 1.

I would not want any of these in my collection.

Comment

I agree, these are all bad.

If it helps, I have an original copy of "Die Woche" magazine in my collection which I can photograph, that the faker has used to create the last design shown of the tanker in the turret.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Here is the magazine I mentioned.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                      Here is the magazine I mentioned.
                      I think so Adrian Stevenson and TonyS

Comment

Hi, Prowler 88. The Norwegian poster you're showing is a fake. It was only printed in 50x70 cm. The colours are also bad. Norwegian SS posters generally are priced at between 1000 to 2000 $ as Jotuntroll states. However there are very few of them for sale these days. It's getting nearly impossible to get hold of one.

Comment

Guys ,
                          To help me understand the process of faking these posters ...can we please look at Komm zu uus and without beating me to death explain ......where these posters came from and on what type of paper and inks were used?
                          Also how much were they sold for and how much would they be worth today ?
                          Thanks in advance .
                          owen

Comment

On the subject of SS posters.......

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=449858

I can't seem to get myself to spend the money, but I believe this one to be a real one!

Comment

It is of very high quaility ...............for sure ...you can see the difference of the one I am asking about .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X