Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Item

Hello All,

Just got this - a rare M42 Type 2 plane tree smock. It is in mint condition but shows three alterations. Two are common (the removal of the foilage loops and the shortening of the cuffs); the third (the removal of the waist elastic) is less common but has been seen before. The colour is brilliant (the pics do not do it justice) with late war plane tree overprint on oakleaf.

Mike
    Attached Files

I cannot believe that there have been no comments on this item, Mice bloody nice and very scarce item
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

Very scarce and VERY expensive!
      This is an great exampel, thank you for sharing

Comment

I think it has a powerful look but didn't comment as I have no idea how to tell a good repo from a original so that's why I know I didnt comment.

It's something I've allways wanted to aquire and this one has a killer look, if real as you say, I'm very impressed..

Comment

WOW
          Speechless here..... and I am not talking about the price!
          A super smock Mike, Congrats

I beat it took a while to pay off?

All worth it in the end

Michael

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks for the kind comments - it is real and is in fact illustrated in Beaver's first camo book (pages 116 and 117). The fellow who originally turned this up out of the woodwork in Germany indicates that he was told that it came from an unterscharfuhrer in "Wiking" - a nice story that was free, no more.

It is very rare to see a M42 Type 2 - I have owned all other types (and still have a worn M38 PALM) but this is my first M42.

Perry - SS camo (IMHO) is not that difficult to master. Good images on this forum will give you a 95% solution - the remaining 5% can be achieved in discussion with some real experts (among which I do NOT count myself) who are happy to help. Should you ever wish to acquire SS camo would be very happy to assist.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

"It is very rare to see a M42 Type 2"

Mike,
              It certainly is a hard example to obtain,
              cheers,
              Gary

Comment

It's killer Mike, no doubt. Like I said I would love to own a real one..
                Just out of curosity did this one come from J. Blake? I recall looking at a nice condition one he had for sale at the Max. But like now I would have never bought it as I had no idea if it was real or not. He's owned alot items featured in reference works but still I would have to know myself...

Comment

Hi Perry,

No it did not come from J. Blake - it came through a well known dealer. Fortunately I knew the very first owner and was able to later get some insight into provenace.

If I stumble across another good one, will send you a PM for sure. Regards,

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X