SS Members stickpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Members stickpin

I am thinking of adding one of the SS member pins too my collection ,either maker and hopefully with the little retaining piece that slides over the pointed end. Was that piece issued with the pins or added by the original owner. Also if anyone knows where a nice one can be had or someone has a real one for sale I'd appreciate the tip. Also is there any difference in price between Gahr anf the other maker......Any help or advice on these little black devils is very much appreciated......Jimmy

As I was told in an earlier thread, the SS Pins made by Gahr did not come with the brass retainers. However, the purchaser could request to buy the brass retainer as an accessory.

Therefore you will find some Gahr pins with and some without the brass retainer. In my opinion, it looks more complete with the retainer.

As with all items, fakes are around, so becareful.

Comment

ss pin

Pm sent!!

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
        As I was told in an earlier thread, the SS Pins made by Gahr did not come with the brass retainers. However, the purchaser could request to buy the brass retainer as an accessory.

Therefore you will find some Gahr pins with and some without the brass retainer. In my opinion, it looks more complete with the retainer.

As with all items, fakes are around, so becareful.
        The retainer was an added extra at cost.
        I have seen it referred to in records as "Sicherheitshaken",or safety clasp.
        In the case of the Gahr made pins they are silver like the pin,and listed at
        0.5RM
        Hoffstatter seem to have used either a commonly available jewellery
        accessory in brass or nickle plated.They are listed at 0.2RM extra.
        They simply screw on to the pin witha little release knob to take them off.
        Not always found as they seem to be lost easily
        As there were few made,the Gahr pins are NOT EASY to find and usually
        will be costly.
        Seiler (Yank in UK)

Comment

Thanks for the info guys......It has helped very much with the few question the old posts did not go into....Thanks Jimmy ....PS Had one promising lead but got there too late.....Seems nice examples do not hang around long.

Comment

Originally posted by Seiler View Post
            The retainer was an added extra at cost.
            I have seen it referred to in records as "Sicherheitshaken",or safety clasp.
            In the case of the Gahr made pins they are silver like the pin,and listed at
            0.5RM
            Hoffstatter seem to have used either a commonly available jewellery
            accessory in brass or nickle plated.They are listed at 0.2RM extra.
            They simply screw on to the pin witha little release knob to take them off.
            Not always found as they seem to be lost easily
            As there were few made,the Gahr pins are NOT EASY to find and usually
            will be costly.
            Seiler (Yank in UK)
            I agree the Gahr pins are very hard to find and I just got lucky when finding mine. Yes,they are expensive but worth it IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X