Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candelabra SS Julfest ??

Greatings to all!!

Just bought this old wooden candelabra out of Germany . Just for the looks of it. But do you think this could be one of those Kris Lindblom talks about here:

http://www.thirdreicharts.com/data/i...bra+SS+Julfest

Cheers

Filip
    Attached Files

I can see nothing that shows it was SS...
    but you can see that.
    But it looks nice and very much within a type of look that old H.H. himself would not have minded to see around the office.

So...when it comes to these lesser (or almost not all) photo documented authentic TR era SS utilized pieces....we just have to allow for not knowing, and so not paying alot either-of course!
    Once you find a period photo of an SS used example of your candlabra -- it will be worth ever so much more.
    Come to think about it, there are very few photo proven candle/candle holder/candlabra examples.
    I only know of the SS "christmas" magazine illustrations for a 3 or 4 candle holder.

For photos i only know of the Julleuchter in use...but we all know that was SS.
    It is harder to see in a photo a candleabra and somthing tying it to SS.

Sorry that is all I can say.
    Maybe someone else knows more.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      But it looks nice and very much within a type of look that old H.H. himself would not have minded to see around the office.
      Thanks for your opinion, Michael

That's funny , but this is exactly the sense I got when I saw it first. I was thinking more of a Carinhall type of furnishing though. But.. Even with no ties to SS, it still is a pretty nice piece...really like that oak leaf theme and the fact that it is a 4 candle candelabra. With brown or white candles should look in place among my other stuff.
      THX
      Filip

Comment

Filip, very nice. Definetely a Germanic looking piece. No way to for sure tie it to the SS, but a fine looking candelabra nonetheless. I asked a similar question and posted mine a while back on a candelabra I found which looks like an SS marriage candle holder or similar family ritual type candelabra. No way to know for sure!

Comment

Filip - here's mine...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=candle+wood

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X