Help with SS Great Coat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with SS Great Coat!

Hi everyone, i just won this today on ebay. I rly am wondering what you guys think!!!!!

heres the copied item description with the link to the pics!
    thanks,
    -Tim

Original WW2 German Army Officer's Wool Overcoat

This is a great heavy wool overcoat of WW2 German army officer, in mint condition. Not sure for what division, it may belong to SS mountain troops (please correct me if anyone knows it since I’m not that knowledgeable on this). You can tell the rank from the shoulder boards. 100% original coat worn in the combat. There are no damage and no moth holes. Heavy wool material in olive green color for the body and dark green for collar.

There were cuff title, eagle sleeve patch (on the left) and mountain troop patch (on the right). But they were removed to get rid of the offensive symbols I guess. The original stitches are still there and you can see the shape of the imprint of the patches by looking closer (the photos can't show them). The imprint on the left sleeve indicates it was an SS eagle. The back of the buttons bear the letter of: ASSMANN A & SÖHNE

For more photos, please click on the following link.

http://sean-leisuretime.blogspot.com/

This is a post-war coat, I think BundesGrenSchutz...the give-away is the label...

Comment

And the boards are also post war?

Comment

I love how these sellers play DUMB... "Oh, I don't know what it is or how much its worth!!!" BS... they know EXACTLY what it is... a fake, and they're trying to pawn it off as original...

Bob

Comment

I hope you didn't pay too much for it Tim. E-bay is filled with the types Bob had mentioned. Always post before you make the plunge. It can save you some money. Mike.

Comment

I trust you guys. But before i ask for my money back, everyone is 1000% sure this is bad?

Comment

1000 % sure - and a " smarter " seller would at least have removed that Bundeswehr label . It's all the proof you'll need to return it ..

Comment

OK thanks everyone
                -Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X