Paper RZM tag question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper RZM tag question

How often are RZM tags found on rank tabs? They seem to appear on embroidered & bullion runic tabs, but not on rank tabs.

Please post them if you one.

Just curious.

Rank Tab

Here is one with what looks to be the remains of a "B" code. Sorry for the poor picture, I used my scanner.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now there's a good question , I thought I was the only one wondering ?

Sofar , I've always assumed they were just not worthwhile ( pricewise in the RZM-system ) to be tagged , but then found this one at Bill Rannow's .
      Who did claim it was a rare occurance . Very interested to see more examples too .. !
      Attached Files

Comment

Early on SA tab sets had 2 RZM tags ( one on each) and specified "half" meaning they were part of a set.

I would think that later on, this was deemed a waste, and both SA & SS tab sets were only required to have one tag. but of course the possibility exists of tagging the 'wrong' tab, and/or being able to purchase a loose 'rank' tab separately as needed.
        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Another example from an Allg tabs set (That I very much regret I did not buy).

The most common tag to find is A. I do not think the tabs with level A are mistakes, due to the low level of the code. These were likely at some stage tagged with tax tags. Some blank Rzm bands were also.

I have never seen a rank collar tab with a cloth label, though...

//Felix
          Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to all who have added input to the question with knowledge and photos. Another question: The rank tabs have the RZM tag added before the pips. Has anyone seen a rank tab with pips and the tag added afterwards?

Comment

Here's an Allg. rank tab I have with an " A " tag - but at least these had the twisted cord added ( labor ) .

I do like the suggestion that plain uncorded Waffen tabs ( runes or otherwise ) would simply be issued in pairs - with only one tag for both , unless single ranktabs were ordered ..
              Attached Files

Comment

The " C " for this embroidery .

As also worn by the Dutch SS - 4e Standaard ..
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X