SS Armband - Real or Fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Armband - Real or Fake

I liked this armband, but I am now unsure. Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Fake or real?

Dylan
    Attached Files

I'm not really a " cloth " guy, but I wouldn't have it in my collection.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dylan;

I would like to see better pix to be 100% sure in my mind but from I can see, the construction looks fine. Since you've got it and can see it first hand, what is it that gives you doubts about it?
      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Tony:

As always thanks for your input. The problem that gives me most concern is the upper left corner of the swaz. It appears asymetrical with the remaining construction.

The things i like is that the band is made of wool, the disc has some signs of "yellowing," the stitching is consistent with 1945 manufacture, and there exists a remnant of an rzm tag (I suspect) on the reverse.

The band is not sewn together. I will try to post a better picture.

Dylan

Comment

I think it's just the swaz is not exactly centered in the disc but I wouldn't be concerned about it.
          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

I tend to agree with Tony. The materials all look spot-on, and the
            disc appears elliptical. Does the rear seam appear to be unfinished
            or cut?

Comment

Armband .....

Originally posted by trotlin13
              Tony:

As always thanks for your input. The problem that gives me most concern is the upper left corner of the swaz. It appears asymetrical with the remaining construction.

The things i like is that the band is made of wool, the disc has some signs of "yellowing," the stitching is consistent with 1945 manufacture, and there exists a remnant of an rzm tag (I suspect) on the reverse.

The band is not sewn together. I will try to post a better picture.

Dylan
              Dylan has stated the " remnant of an rzm tag " and obviously looking at the photo you can see wot looks to be the remains or wot could be a paper tag. Wot I would like to ask is .... ? why a paper tag and not a material tag like I have seen before ..... ? David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3
                Dylan has stated the " remnant of an rzm tag " and obviously looking at the photo you can see wot looks to be the remains or wot could be a paper tag. Wot I would like to ask is .... ? why a paper tag and not a material tag like I have seen before ..... ? David
                I think the trend leanded towards paper tags because they were cheaper to mass produce. Look at some of the early collar tabs where initially cloth tags were used and then went to paper tags.
                Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X