Question on SS Silver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on SS Silver

I have seen Skulls and visor eagles marked .800 that were fake. I have seen rings that were marked .800 that were postwar junk. My question is...Is there anything that was genuine 3rd Reich era produced and issued, other then KC's, that was marked .800 or .900, for the silver content?
    It's just idle curiosity, because I see so many fake rings on here that the hucksters like to put a .800 on, thinking that that adds to their authenticity.

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
    I have seen Skulls and visor eagles marked .800 that were fake. I have seen rings that were marked .800 that were postwar junk. My question is...Is there anything that was genuine 3rd Reich era produced and issued, other then KC's, that was marked .800 or .900, for the silver content?
    It's just idle curiosity, because I see so many fake rings on here that the hucksters like to put a .800 on, thinking that that adds to their authenticity.
    Many original TR awards were silver content marked such as the Blood Order and some Gau badges just to name a few.

Comment

But.....what about honor rings and Skulls and visor eagles???

Comment

I know honor rings were never marked with silver content marks or anything else other than Slb Himmlers name certain dates and the owners last name

Comment

Some rings are marked with .800 or .825 silver. They are private purchase and usually made by a jewler or what not. There are some awards that are made in .925 and higher silver content. There are those who also believe in the silver skulls, believe Bob Hritz has seen a set or two that he felt were original but they are rather scarce to say the least and many don't believe in them at all. I mean think about it, there are those officers who could afford such and likely did have those things custom made. I would say it is likely your Majors and above for the silver SS skulls or higher. But many officers could afford the silver rings and what not. I don't think the difference in pay has changed much since those times, officers always make more and its usually a fair chunk more. Point and case, when I was a 2LT at my OBC (officer basic course) we had a former E7 who had switched over to become an officer with I think 13 or 15 years in and she was making 50 bucks more a month than I was as a brand new officer or at least that is what she told me. So there will always be that pay difference (and I personally feel the enlisted soldiers get screwed and deserve more money, they do a hell of a job and the Army couldn't function without them, especially the good NCOs). So officers could afford such items and would buy them. There is a certain amount of pride you have in your uniform and you want to put the best and highest quality stuff you can on there. Makes you stand out. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X