SS evening dress Broach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meinung

The list of Differences between the two Badges is staggering at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
      ....., so please do not PM or email me about this. I will tell you that the consciences is.... Grant
      PM sent

Comment

Pm

Originally posted by John T View Post
        PM sent

Comment

Quite interesting I have to say about this "hoard".
          When I compare my original with Dr's they have the same traits.

One should also notice, that originals are very crisp in the skull details.

Is Maestros example from the Kai Winkler find?

I cant measure the weight of mine, but it is indeed very light. Will try to get it done though.

//Felix

Comment

Hoard

The people who have the ones from the Show in hand say it is just like Maestros pics.

Please weigh yours Felix. I weighed my old one, that has been around 30 years, with all hardware present and the red wool out at 6.2 grams. Very light.

Comment

Here are pics of one that winkler had on his site about a year ago- perhaps someone can tell me if this one conforms to those from the new "hoard", or if it conforms to original examples...
              Attached Files

Comment

more...
                Attached Files

Comment

These have been as rare as rocking horse sh*t forevor and now the market if flooded, we have seen it with various items such as the TK rings and always with debatable pieces. Did Kai W say how he came about this 'hoard' ?
                  I think it needs to be remembered and considered that some medals and awards changed hugely with different strikes/makers, maybe these were 100 produced by a different company but never issued and stored away until now? Not a theory that I would take to bed and help me sleep at night though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                    These have been as rare as rocking horse sh*t forevor and now the market if flooded, we have seen it with various items such as the TK rings and always with debatable pieces. Did Kai W say how he came about this 'hoard' ?
                    I think it needs to be remembered and considered that some medals and awards changed hugely with different strikes/makers, maybe these were 100 produced by a different company but never issued and stored away until now? Not a theory that I would take to bed and help me sleep at night though!!
                    100? Is that how many are now available?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                      100? Is that how many are now available?
                      If that is true, there goes the value of the previous small number known to exist. From 15k to 1.5k in seconds flat.

Comment

Except that these new ones are probably fakes...still does bring the price down on originals too, unfortunately...

Comment

Market

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                          If that is true, there goes the value of the previous small number known to exist. From 15k to 1.5k in seconds flat.
                          See ya Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            The people who have the ones from the Show in hand say it is just like Maestros pics.

Please weigh yours Felix. I weighed my old one, that has been around 30 years, with all hardware present and the red wool out at 6.2 grams. Very light.
                            Thanks for that info man!

Because I was going to give critisism of that Tux badge posted by Maestro, but wanted to know if part of the "hoard" or not.
                            It is way to soft and the finish, as already told is off from what an aluminum original looks like. The softness goes all over including the " die struck" marks from an original to the skull details. The "die struck marks" are also obvious on all edges. Also the marks on the reverse differs.

Could these "hoard" Tuxes be cast by high tech methods?

//Felix

Comment

The posted piece in post 156 and 157 looks like coming fresh from the galvaniser.

And it´s the first time that I noticed a member named Helmut Weitze looking into this forum and this thread.

Coincidence I bet!

Comment

I don't think they're cast- I think they're made from new dies that were made based on an original badge...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X