Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bevo tabs for opinions

Hello,

I would like to know your opinions of the authenticity of these SS bevo tabs.

Thanks you in advance.

Best regards

Dimitri D.

original

Comment

rarer versions of the BeVo tabs, nice pair.....
      Pieter
      SUUM CUIQUE ...
      sigpic

Comment

The rank tab is actually not a true BeVo rank tab; it is a pseudo-Bevo tab.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
          The rank tab is actually not a true BeVo rank tab; it is a pseudo-Bevo tab.
          ... or a simply a ribbed thin cloth version... that has likely not not all been manufactured by BeVo or in the BeVo style, as you wrote. Hence should not be named pseudo BeVo IMHO.
          Interesting to see that it is actually matched up nicely with the same backing stiffener... maybe they were paired together at the tailors/clothing manufacturing place.

Very nice pair!

//Felix

Comment

has anybody come across rank strip utilising white / silver grey, cotton / silk instead of the usual silver " wire " ?

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
              ... or a simply a ribbed thin cloth version... that has likely not not all been manufactured by BeVo or in the BeVo style, as you wrote. Hence should not be named pseudo BeVo IMHO.
              Pseudo means "false" or "incorrectly-called." Hence, a tab, which imitates the BeVo material and is often wrongly referred to as BeVo, despite not having been manufactured by that firm or in its style, would accurately be called pseudo-BeVo.

Here is an old thread I started on the topic. I don't know what happened to the photos.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=270258

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                Pseudo means "false" or "incorrectly-called." Hence, a tab, which imitates the BeVo material and is often wrongly referred to as BeVo, despite not having been manufactured by that firm or in its style, would accurately be called pseudo-BeVo.

Here is an old thread I started on the topic. I don't know what happened to the photos.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=270258
                It was good you refered to the above thread. We had a discussion about these tabs some time ago. My points exactly that they have nothing to do with the BeVo company. It is of course what you chose to put behind your words and definition of pseudo BeVo tabs. IMO the rank tab is just a thin ribbed cloth version. (sorry for repeating myself)
                I have also seen them as rank tabs to "match up" with BeVo tabs as a true beVo tabs pair, which is not correct. I have also seen them joined to a rune tab that has been very questionable. Like a matching rank tab for a pink piped panzer pair, if I remember correctly, and others.
                I have to say that the above posted tabs indicate they being together since the war.
                Quite interesting.

Cheers,
                Felix

Comment

In this picture litzen it's clearly a good one. (for other collectors... i suggest Diers to post a clear picture of the litzen cause i saw a small picture with many tabs... so litzen details were poor)

No problems with this NICE pair.

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                    has anybody come across rank strip utilising white / silver grey, cotton / silk instead of the usual silver " wire " ?
                    Yes. Have a look at this tab. The litzen is just as you describe.

I also have a tab on ribbed cloth as well.

Comment

so the stuff does exist. thank you for the pics, worth a thousand words

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X