SS totenkopfverbande cufftitle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice Bob, will bring big € any day

desirable because it is from the TV for most, other titles are as well out in the same rarity range for my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
      My original.

Bob Hritz
      Wow! What an amazing piece! Well done.

Dave

Comment

Thanks bob, your the first to even show one.

I still haven't been able to get mine out, and later when i post it closer up, you can critique it any way you feel .

I know absolutely nothing about this one as i said ,or cuff titles with this type inscription on them , except that they weren;t done that way for long , and if there are any variations , i have no idea...but .. I will at that time show the tag, and back, and closer pictures of the front .

Its oxidized like some of the other silver bullion insignia that gets that white powdery appearance of the period.(most likely from being subjected to moisture at one time or another. again I thank you much. This one also seems to have lost some of its black on the materials its made of, as even flags at the time were not colorfast, and its possible water could have made those early materials lose the dye (??). I don't know if that's anything significant or not , so until then i look forward to your comments on better shots i will post in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
          very nice Bob, will bring big € any day

desirable because it is from the TV for most, other titles are as well out in the same rarity range for my view.
          Robert,

Sorry...but that cuff title will bring big $$$$, not Euros, because Bob wants all his stuff to stay in the U.S.

Richard

Comment

Rich, I would not so sure about it.
            When someone wants to make money watch the market i.e. certain German auction houses and their results. Of course it is pending if someone would like to make money out from a collection or not.

I remember as well the big Forum discussion about the weak Euro, laughed about it back then and still now with all the predictions, Euro is still 30% up to the USD.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              Thanks bob, your the first to even show one.

I still haven't been able to get mine out, and later when i post it closer up, you can critique it any way you feel .

I know absolutely nothing about this one as i said ,or cuff titles with this type inscription on them , except that they weren;t done that way for long , and if there are any variations , i have no idea...but .. I will at that time show the tag, and back, and closer pictures of the front .

Its oxidized like some of the other silver bullion insignia that gets that white powdery appearance of the period.(most likely from being subjected to moisture at one time or another. again I thank you much. This one also seems to have lost some of its black on the materials its made of, as even flags at the time were not colorfast, and its possible water could have made those early materials lose the dye (??). I don't know if that's anything significant or not , so until then i look forward to your comments on better shots i will post in the near future.
              From what I see in the photo you posted, yours is a reproduction.
              Again, compare the texture of the black base cloth band with originals, like on the one Bob H posted.

//Felix

Comment

That $18.00 Cufftitle was overpriced by about $17.50.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Felix

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                  From what I see in the photo you posted, yours is a reproduction.
                  Again, compare the texture of the black base cloth band with originals, like on the one Bob H posted.

//Felix

Felix is correct.

Comment

I will post it for others to look at as a fake, as it must have been bleached or something to age it. i see the difference, and when you've never seen an original, its not hard to take a chance, when the cash layout is small . After all i really appreciate bob showing his , as nobody else till bob had any to show or would oblige IF they really did have one, as i suspect the owners of originals here can be counted on one hand .

I believe the opinions the one i posted is bogus ,and not to worry, as I dont resell even fakes if i get stuck with one, I always keep fakes as a reminder to not forget the lesson so its tatooed to my brain .

I got this at shipshewanna auction, shipshewanna ind. I will also post the tag closer up as it looks exactly the same as the link.

I will share the closer up shots asap , as i have dug it out as of yesterday, and taken some photos closer , so these may be used in the reproduction, or fake section for all to use for future reference .

Thanks again bob, and to others who commented .
                    Last edited by juoneen; 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X