SS TK Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS TK Photo

This is supposedly an "original" photo being sold on Ebay. I could swear I have seen it in a book, but I can't find it. Does anyone recognize it?
    Attached Files

sure dO!! post here with it Ill find it.

Comment

This is also an "original" postcard being sold on Ebay. Gee, it looks familiar too. This guy really got around.
      Attached Files

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...eimwehr+danzig

here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
          Great catch & memory!

Comment

Photo

It's in German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present by Williamson and McGuril, page 205, credited to Steve Brindley.

Charles Betz
            Last edited by C. Betz; 12-09-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

This photo has been published many times in many different books.

Ofcourse, all photo's posted above are fake.

Comment

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post
                This photo has been published many times in many different books.

Ofcourse, all photo's posted above are fake.
                agree with you . I have the same guy as a fake !!!

Comment

Hd

I believe most of Heimwehr Danzig was incorporated into Oberbayern.

Comment

First one is easily recogniseable as a common reproduction, often clamed to come from former Soviet archives. Although some prints of the former Soviet archives did indeed turn up for sale after the collapse of the CCCP, most of the pictures we see today are modern day fakes, printed somewhere in Ukraine and marked with fake Sov archive stamps... These can be easily recognised by the somewhat grainy surface and the trimming of the edges...

Best,
                    Vincent S.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
                      First one is easily recogniseable as a common reproduction, often clamed to come from former Soviet archives. Although some prints of the former Soviet archives did indeed turn up for sale after the collapse of the CCCP, most of the pictures we see today are modern day fakes, printed somewhere in Ukraine and marked with fake Sov archive stamps... These can be easily recognised by the somewhat grainy surface and the trimming of the edges...

Best,
                      Vincent S.
                      Thanks everyone. Here is the store to avoid. http://stores.ebay.com/Antique-Mall-5000

So even the postcard is a fake?

Comment

All bad...I got burned once, a superb photograph of a Knight's Cross recipient with a camouflaged smock. Small size, but the same edges and paper as these. It even had a wartime-style Agfa-Lupex mark on the back, which turned out to be bad after a closer inspection. Still, it was a dangerous and utterly tricky fake...

Best,
                        Vincent S.

Comment

I just got this one that I am skeptical of. It does not look like standard photo paper to me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Closeup of the grain.
                            Attached Files

Comment

You can buy more cheap originals here in our country , and be assured they ARE original photos, so....i warn other collectors everywhere to not buy photos from anyone in that geographical area..., just cut these opportunists off altogether. Too difficult to sort em out ...a boycott will put the fake photos business in the trash where it belongs.

I have found from dealing with them personally, they have broken my trust in buying from all over that way. Remember this is a "test" forum also for many fakers new olda products from all over the world.(Definition:new-olda- items that are new... made to look old)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X