SS bullion death head collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS bullion death head collar tabs

At the Pomona military show in California last month, was a mint set of SS officers bullion horizontal death head tabs. They were a matched set, as confirmed by a good known dealer. What should the price be for these? The asking price was $4,500 dollars. Is that correct being the condition? Or is that over the top for them. I would purchase them for my collection, not for resale. Opinions please, Smitty.
    Last edited by smitty; 12-09-2009, 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling

seems way too high to me,,there are many types and styles though vertical are much more valuable.

Comment

Tabs

Do you mean a mirror set of Tk scull tabs? If so I personally do not think that price is out of the question. I would pay that any day for a matched set of tabs. Bill Shea offered me a set some time ago at the SOS and I passed on them for some unknown reason. I look back now and could just kick myself!

Are you sure you don't want to post a pic?

Good Luck!

Cary

Comment

If someone could post pics of these type of tabs it would be appreciated.
        How are you my friend Cary? Feeling better?

Comment

Mirror TK Collar Tabs

Here are images of mirror TK tabs in both vertical and horizontal. Note the two individuals wearing the vertical insignia have them sewn on in opposite direction.

Reference: Angolia’s Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Pages 277 & 278.

Charles Betz
          Attached Files

Comment

Horizontal TK Collar Tabs,

Horizontal tabs.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
              Horizontal tabs.
              Take a close look at that second "set" of tabs. It is actually not a set at all; Angolia just had the same tab printed twice (once as a reverse image). A bunch of tabs shown in his book are doctored up photos.

Comment

Tabs

"Take a close look at that second "set" of tabs. It is actually not a set at all; Angolia just had the same tab printed twice (once as a reverse image). A bunch of tabs shown in his book are doctored up photos."

Could very well be.

Charles Betz

Comment

SS tabs

Cary, thanks for helping out. I believe that the left side tab was for the rank of Hauptsturmfurer. It had 3 pips and 2 stripes. If I remember correctly the right side was the death head. Both in bullion with the silver braided outer edge. Mint condition and they were a matched set without a paper tag on the back. Also guys, I am a newby here on the forum. How do I get to post photos? What are my options for photos? Thank you C Betz for the photos. Thanks to you all. Smitty.
                  Last edited by smitty; 12-10-2009, 06:31 PM. Reason: forgot to thank people

Comment

Smitty, welcome to the Forum, I'm fairly new myself. Here's where you go.....to the technical table.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...isplay.php?f=8

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X