SS Insignia or something Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Insignia or something Else?

One of the last "SS" Items from a box I recently rediscovered. I have no idea what it is, nor even if it is German or of WW2. Hopefully someone will know and thank you for sharing your knowledge. Regards, Clive.
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

It's made using the same tresse that the SS insignia used but that's where the connection falls down as far as I can see.

Ian.

Comment

KL stuff? Kapos?

Comment

Whatever it is its most likely REAL ... Now the fun begins as to what it is..My observation would be 3 slashes like the late war .ss sleeve ranks...hauptscharfuhrer ....squad leader ..Intial of squad leader?? Maybe SS Panzer or camp related..good thread coming..Billbert

Comment

Maybe a foto of the group will direct us?? Billbert

Comment

I breathe a sigh of relief, perhaps this is something good and interesting. Unfortunately there is nothing else to go with this as it was just in a box full of all sorts of long-forgotten German items. Regards, Clive.

Comment

But showing US the german items to this knowlegable group MIGHT connect the dots is what I mean.... Billbert

Comment

The box contains nothing that is in anyway related to this badge-title-or whatever it may be. It contains an assortment of items collected by me during the 1960's-70's. I just found it again and going through it wanted to see what may be original or not, as the case may be. Once I know I plan to write a note to go with the item so that it is correctly identified and original or not. Do appreciate any further thoughts or comments. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Now I m up to speed with you..MY bad..Billbert

Comment

Shoulder Strap

It's not German anything. Indicator: Double pointed ends in the center of the strap. Kapos and other inmate supervisors of KZs did not wear shoulder straps, they wore armbands to indicate their positions or functions.

I would venture that the letter K indicates Cadet as is found on some former eastern bloc countries. However, this strap may not fall into that locale. I'm guessing that it is for air force or navy service, though which country I can't say without spending a lot of time resarching it. Perhaps this thread should be moved to another forum say, International Militaria Forum, where other members may have insight to this piece of insignia.

Charles Betz

Comment

Thank you for your comments Charles. From what you say the Germans would never have double pointed ends, something I would never have known. You also call it a shoulder strap, but I see no evidence for this, it may well be something else. Trying to look into an Airforce or Navy connection, WW2 or after, I can find nothing similar. Perhaps I should post it on the International Forum, but I was convinced it was German until your reply. Regards, Clive.

Comment

The litzen is the type used by the Heer and SS, the K and stripes system bear no relation to either formations though.

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X