Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion SS Sleeve Eagle

Hi All,

I noticed this "Waffen-SS Ärmeladler für Führer" on Helmut Weitze's WEB Site. The Eagle looks good to me, but the Eagle's Breast is unique, at least to my novice eye. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,
    Patrick
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ArtText width="20%"><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> thisHTML += top.opener.Art[8]+" "+top.opener.Art[9]+"</TD></TR></TABLE>"; thisHTML += "<TABLE WIDTH=\"96%\" BORDER=\"0\" CELLSPACING=\"0\" CELLPADDING=\"0\">"; thisHTML += "<TR><TD WIDTH=\"7%\" CLASS=\"ArtText\">"; if (top.opener.Art[1] != 0) {//Artikel hat noch keine Katalognummer thisHTML += ""+top.opener.Art[1]+"" } else { thisHTML += ""+top.opener.Art[0]+"" } thisHTML += "</TD><TD WIDTH=\"5%\" CLASS=\"ArtCheck\">"; thisHTML += "<INPUT TYPE=\"checkbox\" NAME=\"C"+top.opener.Art[0]+"\" VALUE=\"popup\" onClick=\"top.opener.checkbox_clicked(this.checked ,this.value,this.name,top.opener.Art)\"></TD>"; thisHTML += "<TD WIDTH=\"88%\" CLASS=\"ArtText\" ALIGN=\"RIGHT\">&euro; "+top.opener.formatPrice(top.opener.Art[4])+"</TD>"; document.writeln(thisHTML); </SCRIPT></SPAN>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It looks almost like an attempt at reproducing an SS cape eagle.
    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Bullion Eagle ......

Ooooooeeeeeerrrrr ...... Wots gone on here I have never seen anything like that before, is it the size of an arm eagle or cap badge...... ?David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3
        Ooooooeeeeeerrrrr ...... Wots gone on here I have never seen anything like that before, is it the size of an arm eagle or cap badge...... ?David
        " waffen-ss armeladlerfur fuhrer

Greeting,s Johnny
        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

SS Sleeve Eagle

Thanks Tony, David and Johnny for the opinions. I don't know the exact dimensions of the Eagle, but it seems that it's not a sleeve eagle, but a hat eagle.

Just for my self edification, how can you tell the difference and what do you look for in an original SS Sleeve Eagle.

Thanks again,
          Pat

Comment

You can have a look here to get an idea on a few insignia used:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...othMetal4.html

Peter Wiking
            Last edited by Peter Wiking; 01-10-2004, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Insignia......

Hello pat ...... if you are serious about collecting Waffen SS insignia you are going to have to study & study this will mean all the photos, and everyone’s opinions and from there make your own mind up. Baring in mind that not all that everything people tell you is true, it's like looking into a mirror because wot you see is not wot someone will see if you catch my drift.... !!!
              You also must realise that hobby is not for the faint hearted either as this stuff is expensive too and you have to decide ...... do I collect it all ..... ??? Or do I go for a certain avenue ..... ??? Bullion is, I must admit becoming more and more easier to copy and the insignia is getting better in this field therefore you must be aware of wots going on. Be patient and learn....

Phew!! That was a bit of a lecture........... David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X