Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake early cap eagle.

Hello everyone.

Strange request here,I know ( well 99% sure) its a fake but can some members give their opinions on this thing so I can take it back to the seller coming Sunday with a bit more ground to stand on for a money back return,the dealer seemed honest and did give a money back guarantee on it but a few opinions would help.

Its a fake cap eagle and I think it is obvious why.

Also if it does turn out to be real I am going to smack myself in the face.
    Pictures taken with flash on.

Cheers

Bas

front

Last edited by Lupara; 11-20-2009, 05:36 PM. Reason: Horrible spelling.

back

Comment

I'll add you my last 1%, so It make's it 100% fake. A lot of them on the market.

Comment

Note the bare ankle look

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          Note the bare ankle look

Ian
          Thanks Ian....I just learned something new....again!!!!!!

Comment

That is a classic repro that still fools many collectors!

Several minor details differ, and it is important to keep track of those!

//Felix

Comment

Also the short tail is a give-away.

Comment

and the material is synthetic...

Comment

Been lookin at this stuff a long time.. Unless I m too tired that one would fool me as being real at least in the front..IMO Billbert

Comment

What happened to the first pic? Makes this thread useless without it.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      What happened to the first pic? Makes this thread useless without it.
                      Its still there isn't it? At least for me can anyone else see it may have been a temporary imageshack bug? Anyway thank you everyone,yes the feet gave it away as well as the swaz which seems a bit off to me.

Comment

Not knowledgable enough to comment on tail length, but the black backing material looks wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                          Been lookin at this stuff a long time.. Unless I m too tired that one would fool me as being real at least in the front..IMO Billbert
                          Get some rest and look again.

Comment

Just thought I'd post and update,took the eagle back to the fair on Sunday and the seller did refund the money as promised he was a nice fellow so i wasn't that worried about that so all is well,he did seem a bit disappointed though.

This does make me worry about the upcoming fai in Kassel though,the fair I bought this eagle from is close by but if I buy anything there on saturday and it turns out to be crap I can hardly take it back,maybe i should just stick to estand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupara View Post
                              but if I buy anything there on saturday and it turns out to be crap I can hardly take it back,maybe i should just stick to estand.
                              Surely the lesson is 'Don't buy anything you don't know anything about'. We've all done it and been stuck with reproductions, it's the learning curve we've all been through.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X