JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real or Fake Collar tabs? And two unknown ones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or Fake Collar tabs? And two unknown ones.

Hello, I was looking at these collar tabs, that friend pick up and he offer to trade them to me for one of my helmets. I would like to know if these tabs are real or fake? Secondly, does anyone know what the two collar tabs are ( one with sunbust and the other with a circle and a x ?) thridly, if they are real. How much are they worse?

http://img197.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=18thhungary1.jpg

They all look to be cheaply home-made reproductions.

Sorry, Ian.

Comment

Horrible Collar Tabs.

"Hello, I was looking at these collar tabs, that friend pick up and he offer to trade them to me for one of my helmets. I would like to know if these tabs are real or fake? Secondly, does anyone know what the two collar tabs are ( one with sunbust and the other with a circle and a x ?) thridly, if they are real. How much are they worse?"

These tabs are really bad. Definite reproductions.

The "Sun Burst" tab is supposed to be for the 23rd SS Division "Kama" (Kroatische #2). It is very, very rare. The tab with the circle with the "x" is for French W/SS members (Charlemagne?). Here is a link to a site that has most of the foreign volunteer collar patches. It will help you see what authentic collar tabs look like if you are going to continue to collect in this particular field:
      http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...othMetal3.html

If I were you, I would invest in some books also. It will save you time and can be a quick reference since it seems you are just beginning to collect SS cloth.

Good luck.

Charles Betz
      Last edited by C. Betz; 11-20-2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much. I have been having very good luck with the SS items so far but you are right. I should get some books on the SS items. My luck could run out but I will past on the trade for the collar tabs and let him know that his tabs are fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnishlion178 View Post
          Thank you very much. I have been having very good luck with the SS items so far but you are right. I should get some books on the SS items. My luck could run out but I will past on the trade for the collar tabs and let him know that his tabs are fake.
          If this will help...I just started collecting SS cloth few months ago and have built a nice collection so far.
          These books were recommended to me by the true SS experts on the Forum, I bought them all and have read and study them almost daily (in addition to studying past WAF threads!!!!).

Angoli's SS Insignia book 2nd edition
          Mollo's 7 Volume SS series
          Benders 6 volume Waffen SS series

All very helpful.
          Also use the search engine to study past threads!
          Hope this helps....good luck hunting!
          Greg

Comment

Forget about the books as your main source!
            They are only good enough for general knowledge and about types. The books are also good for getting the line of history correct.

For detailed information and how to spot fakes versus originals;
            What you need is a good forum, like here, and use the search function. It is also very important to hang around on this forum and others for 6 months or a year (preferably years along with hard studies) and learn the basics from the guys knowledgeable in their fields. You will soon learn who these fellows are.

What should not be underestimated is the true value of handling real stuff. To get a feel and sight for what is real is really the best. If you know an advanced recognised collector you can see in real life what it is about.

If not, then hang around and be polite, and get to know the right guys here. The old guard collectors do not like unpolite brats! A good advice! I think you could understand, if you imagine you were in their shues.

Do not forget to study, study and study.. handle, handle and handle and analyse.... keep that collar tab next to you, and study it 5 minutes every time before going to sleep.

Cheers and good luck,
            Felix

Comment

And don't put the collar tab under your pillow at night... the collar tab fairies or the tooth fairey will steal it.

Bob

Comment

A great big thank you to Bob H, Felix and others for all the great instructional posts! It's because of giving fellows like you that has helped me and others, who are novice SS collectors, to enjoy collecting in a safe, instructional and wonderfully enjoyable enviroment!!
                Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X