My Julleuchter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Julleuchter

I buy this Julleuchter like a reproduction (price according...) but now that it's in my hands, I think that there is one possibility that it's a good one (no-german production?)....I need yours opinion, thanks in advance to all!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last one!
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, IMO it's a reproduction but cool looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Yes, IMO it's a reproduction but cool looking.
            Why do think it's a reproduction? I'm not saying your wrong, but I didn't see anything that made me immediately suspicious

~Erich

Comment

the dots

Originally posted by ETN View Post
              Why do think it's a reproduction? I'm not saying your wrong, but I didn't see anything that made me immediately suspicious

~Erich

Dear prinz Eugen,
              I bet ErichS was noticing the dots .
              In My Opinion (based on period photos and illustrations)
              the dots on yours were made bigger, probably on purpose so as not to fool --especially as they did not attempt to put the kulturzeichen mark on it..
              Also i believe the shape in its entirety is a tiny bit off.

One more thing,
              one thing I do know is I dont know everything on these items.
              Find a period photo with that larger emphasized dot pattern and then there is a better chance.
              Last edited by Michael Fay; 11-19-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: I ch weissen alles nicht

Comment

I will not go into detail, but from first looks, it raises many red flags. the proportions and minute details are not good when you compare to known examples. Having had experience in the use of ceramics and in pottery, I believe these Julleuchters will be highly (and easily) faked from time to come.

Comment

Thanks to all again. Michael this that you said is correct, the dots were made bigger and deepest, and that (probably) is one of the bigger different with an original Julleuchter...but I'm still happy because now in everycase I have my Julleuchter corner, and I can light my candles without problem with the wax!!!!! For an Allach one in my collection I take a time....

Comment

Another thing to look for is that originals have thick walls and from the photo yours look thin. Regardless it makes a nice display piece.

Comment

Prinz Eugen, I am looking forward to seeing your Jul Korner this coming Julfest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                        Another thing to look for is that originals have thick walls and from the photo yours look thin. Regardless it makes a nice display piece.
                        Thanks Erich, I look mine, and the walls are really thick, my pics are ugly...this morning I try to make better pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                          Prinz Eugen, I am looking forward to seeing your Jul Korner this coming Julfest!!!
                          For sure my Friend!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X