X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked skull

Friends!
    Is it unmarked Assmann or crap ?

That's the Charlie Chaplin (AKA mustache) skull I guess...a Deschler would be marked right?
    Assmann with mustache I have not heard of...

Comment

It's not a Deschler design, and this one is not well known "Deschler" mustacho skull
      Last edited by cysior; 11-19-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It's just a fake Assmann style skull, not the Mustachio which is marked M1/52 pretending to be a Deschler.

Ian

Comment

C.r.a.p

Comment

Please note that this is NOT the common " ges. gesch. " Assmann .

It has the characteristics of the 3-pronged ( and controversial ) one , e.g. the typical sutures on the temple , and the non-detailed reverse .

So it may be one that has been altered .

But I also think Brad showed an unmarked Assmann once , that had 2 pins on reverse - and the same features as the 3-prong .

I'd like to know more about the unmarked Assmann , don't write this one off too soon ..
            Last edited by Winkelman; 11-19-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

sutures on a 3-prong ..
              Attached Files

Comment

The 3-pronged Assmann is absolut original, because I ground dugged one myself. I know there's some people that are sceptic to that one, It's their choice. I have my proof now. But this one seems not to be a good one, just the rear make's me sceptic. Could it be that the 3 prongs have been saw off, and replaced with prongs?

Comment

Let's just say I wouldn't like to think that I'd got much money invested in it.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by carlsson1982 View Post
                    Could it be that the 3 prongs have been saw off, and replaced with prongs?
                    I like that assumption. And I am one who also believes that three prongs are original. You have confirmed that for me through your find. That was proof enough for me.
                    Peter

Comment

At best it's a contentious one that's been screwed around with and at worst a downright fake.

Ian.

Comment

look at the pins....horrible!

Comment

what could happen if a dealer scatters a lot of fake insignia in an area and after a few years, someone digs 'em up?

its gonna be a minefield...

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                            It has the characteristics of the 3-pronged ( and controversial ) one , e.g. the typical sutures on the temple , and the non-detailed reverse .

So it may be one that has been altered .
                            I think you might be right. Finally I found this helpfull thread:
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...assmann&page=2

Comment

I like that assumption. And I am one who also believes that three prongs are original. You have confirmed that for me through your find. That was proof enough for me.
                              Peter
                              Yes Peter indeed, believe me the 3-pronged Assmann is 100% original.
                              I don't understand why the 'hard-headed' people don't and honestly I don't care much than that.

(Iam not yet talking about this one posted here..)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X