SS Honour ring and it's owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Honour ring and it's owner

Hello! I would appreciate any information about SS-Obersturmfuhrer Hans Haarberg, member of 11-th company III Pz. Gr. Btl of Wiking division.

Comment

I'm no Honour Ring expert but those holes on the inside look very much like casting pits to me (sorry I know you didn't ask for the authenticity but ....... )

Ian.

Comment

Was it ground dug?

Comment

Looks like a tricky one to me.
          the engraving sure looks good, and the pitting could suggest being ground dug. but again, the pitting like what Ian said, could mean being cast. i have concerns about the eye sockets.

Comment

Taken from a grave ??

Comment

Originally posted by chris235 View Post
              Was it ground dug?
              looking at the ring I think so. But it was in one collection, then to another one, then to another one etc. There is no any background info how this came to light.

Comment

Silver

Are not these made of silver? Does silver get pitted from being in the ground?
                I think not.

Comment

Ring

The Sig-Rune triangle to the viewer's right - This area looks like a poor casting to me, NOT ground damage. Same for the inside pock marks. A fake ring, IMO.

Comment

I agree, a cast fake IMHO.

Comment

I agree that the pitting is a bad sign and reason enough to stay away from this ring.

Comment

Just does not look "right!"

Comment

I also think its a casting....where was it purchased from? As stated previously....Silver doesnt pitt from body acids to my knowledge...neither does gold. Hope you didnt buy that one .....best wishes. I suspect this may have been cast from the original as the engraving is not sharp...

Comment

Gottlieb say they were cast

Just to comment...does not Craig Gottlieb profess adamantly that these WERE cast? Could this be not true? He checked at the Jewelery Exchange after all.

Maybe he would like to buy it, especially if it was from the WIKING Div.

Mark

Comment

Having looked at the ring again, i concur that the ring is a cast piece.
                              look at the area near the engraved 'g' - the finishing (wobbled surace) isnt what i would expect from a well made TK HR.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X