SS Schirmmutze Insignia Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReichsHeini View Post
    There are so many examples of images of the good stuff and the fakes.
    Spend some time doing your own research. Revealing all details of fake insignia on the forum is tantamount to helping the people producing the fakery.
    Search forM1/52, Deschler, moustache, moustachio, SS Pin etc.
    You will find a wealth of information.
    Very nice to see you posting again my friend. Hope all is well with you? Best wishes from London.

Comment

When a collector with expertize in another area of collecting asks for advice they should be respected. If you guys want to get all snotty and think the fakers are going to gain some info why don't you sign up with GHW?

If you are worried about fakers then PM the information. Someday you might want info on an item that the OP knows about. Don't ask him.

Nothing but excuses here.

W.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
        Nothing but excuses here.
        No excuses my friend, just valid reasons for, and in your own words:

"Getting tired of the attitudes in threads"

It works both ways.

Comment

Calling members out for rudness un becoming is not an attitude it's calling a spade a spade.

By all means continue as you are. I've said what needed to be said. You and others can learn from it or not.

W.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
            Calling members out for rudness un becoming is not an attitude it's calling a spade a spade.
            Well, when you become moderator, you can ban me and everyone else who are "rude" to people who can't be bothered to use the search function.

Comment

Hmm....

Some people on this forum behaviore like a 10 year old. Its no reason to ridicule the beginners. Try to be helpful, or just shut up!

Comment

And your helpful advice to this thread was?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
                  Try to be helpful, or just shut up!
                  We ARE helpfull, we point out what is a fake, saving the nice new people lots of money ... a resource that wasn't available to us 30+ years ago.

Much better than the banal and uneducated comments some people come up with ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=400928

Ian
                  Last edited by Ian Hulley; 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM. Reason: Adding example of banal and uneducated comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                        I'm so sorry for being Mr.Grumpy!

My New Years Resolution.

Must make more of an effort to complete strangers who want information for free without making any effort to find out for themselves.
                        Ben, I'm so confused - are we calling you Ben, Benjamina, or Mr. Grumpy now???

As for the original post; I'll have a whack at it:

It is accepted in the collecting community that:

The eagle: M1/58 (M1/58 M. Kutsch, Attendorn) was not a maker of SS metal visor insignia.

The skull: the pattern that we call the "mustache fake" is not a pattern like any other Deschler skull that is accepted as an original.

The German civilian SS pin: these were made by two private companies - Gahr and Hoffstätter. They were never RZM marked and the pin in the original post is nothing like either original type.

There are other things I know could be pointed out and I could also spend another thirty minutes putting together comparison photos and links to originals to show you, if I had the time.

Well here is one on the SS pin:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...membership+pin

napesica the guys were not being intentionally rude. If you look at the numerous threads on these items, can you imagine how annoying it would be to have to type out the reply I just made hundreds of times?

Comment

You guys are a bunch of meanies, I hope Santa puts coal in your stockin this year!!! LoL

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                            Ben, I'm so confused - are we calling you Ben, Benjamina, or Mr. Grumpy now??? ?

Mr.Benjamina Grump will do fine! Just don't tell HM Customs!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X