SS Schirmmutze Insignia Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo, I think this would be the correct place to ask, what are the opinions on these 3 devices? Any help appreciated. I just got them and they look pretty good to me, though I am no expert. Danke, Norbert
    Attached Files

Backs,,,,,
    Attached Files

Comment

Bad insignia. The skull's a mustachio Deschler.

Ian.

Comment

All 3 are fakes...

Comment

Hallo, Thanks for the replies and help. So I can learn ,what in particular makes them repros? Danke,

Comment

Originally posted by napesica View Post
            what in particular makes them repros?
            Because they are not original pre 1945 German manufacture and therefore reproductions.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
              Because they are not original pre 1945 German manufacture and therefore reproductions.

Hmmmmmm,,,,,sort of an arrogant answer and one reason why many guys are hesitant to ask advice. In my own field of expertise I can tell you why an item is not an original and not just based on my own secret opinions. I can point out specifics, otherwise any opinion is not valid. Danke, N

Comment

Whatever mate, if you'd have spent the 5 minutes it took you to post the photos on reading some threads first instead, you wouldn't have needed to ask the question in the first place.

Comment

Yes, and if you had taken 30 seconds to explain why I wouldnt have to file thru 10,000 posts on insignias. I always prefer to ask personal opinions first , that is if guys are willing to give it with some back up other than 'thats wrong'! Danke

Comment

ss pin is a phantasy item - never existed.

tk has a moustache like charly chaplin

eagle - compare front with originals....

Comment

Take a moment and think about what you asked and how I answered.

You: "what in particular makes them repros?"

Me: "Because they are not original pre 1945 German manufacture and therefore reproductions"

I wasn't being arrogant, I was merely answering your question.
                      There is nothing in particular that makes then repros. They just are repros, fact. If you want to know how to tell original SS cap insignia from repros, that is a different question. However, you are in luck, because all the answers are here on this forum. You only need to know how to search and read.

Comment

Hmmmmmm,,,,,sort of an arrogant answer and one reason why many guys are hesitant to ask advice.
                        And your reply is one that makes experts like Ben NOT bother answering obvious questions, which you could have solved yourself in 5 minutes flat.

You just earned yourself an 'ignore' flag from me.

Ian

Comment

Well thanks and that is an equally pompous and arrogant reply. I dont take the age old parents response of "its wrong because I said its wrong" as an answer , nor would I ever give such an answer to anyone else. Things are incorrect for specific reasons and if someone else knows then it is just as easy for them to nicely point out why rather than to try and demean someone.
                          It is easier and more personable to just ask for specifics than to read thru 10,000 posts on the subject. I thought thats why it is called a 'forum' which means discussion, other wise lets call it the Wehrmacht Awards Data Base, that would be much more 'German' and require no civil conversation or sharing of ideas.
                          All ones knowledge is a waste if you do not share it. It has never made me one less bit knowledgeable or proficient on my own subjects of knowledge to share that info with someone else that asks polite and simple questions.
                          So guard your knoweldge well and take it to your grave with you and in the end no one will care nor does it matter. Later, NB

Comment

Well thanks and that is an equally pompous and arrogant reply.
                            Look in the mirror my friend. Some people get all the answers they look for with ease when they use intelligence and charm.

You did neither.

Comment

At first no offence to anyone but this is so annoying. Napesica is only asking why you believe they are fake, so he can learn and pass on them the next time! Respect that! And by saying that they are not pre 1945 (or whatever) is very popular and childish behavior. Opinions are always welcome, but only with facts why he is that opinion so the owner or reader can make his own conclusion if he believes something is real or fake! At least but not at last, if someone is the opinion that he is lazy, please do not participate at all!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X