X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SS dot update

check out

http://www.atthefront.com/

The main page if you scroll down has some interesting reading and photos of scrap dot material, and under the german/uniforms/ss camo dot section, a pretty good write up of how at the front developed their newest SS dot camo, makes I think some pretty good reading and good photos for comparison as to what is being done today. I havn't seen Janke's new dot, dont know if they are doing any still, but At the front's stuff is pretty good looking. This is not a "plug" for their items, but people often ask "is this good" and I think this is a great place to start from and see side by side comparison from which to develop further in depth study with original items, more repros, and good reference books.

here a photo and yes nice made
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Besslein, that pic you posted is from his collection of ORIGINALS, dont worry, its not the new repro stuff, if it were, it would be quite scary, but these are the sets he used to for dye and patterns. Colors of the new stuff look pretty good, a bit too chocolate brown, but hten, its in the range of variants. He is also incorporating different shade runs in pockets, flaps, sleeves, etc, dont think the roller misses are there. Inside of the jacket pretty much gives it away, as well as the quality of the new material. However, for the price of his repro set, its makes a nice impression, in my opinion. I think his value on original sets in this condition is a bit high, but nonetheless, his repro set is fairly cheap. I know its not the real deal, but a lot of people cant afford the real deal prices, and sets in this condition are hard to find.

Comment

oh thanks God is a original one lol

Comment

Hi All
          As much as ATF do a great job I think the new dot is lacking a bit .
          I am a big fan of big dot .
          The small dot is not my personal first love .
          That being said he did a great job in colors ect .
          how long is it before the sets turn up all bogus and slaming some poor bugger between the eyes .????
          owen

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            Hi All
            As much as ATF do a great job I think the new dot is lacking a bit .
            I am a big fan of big dot .
            The small dot is not my personal first love .
            That being said he did a great job in colors ect .
            how long is it before the sets turn up all bogus and slaming some poor bugger between the eyes .????
            owen

10 years ago I saw the EXACT Janke repro jacket which I owned and sold as a repro in a very well known california collection. It blew me over, as the individuals to whom I sold the jacket (as a REPRO) had obviously dolled up the jacket and sold it as an ORIGINAL. I know it was the exact piece I owned as I marked the inside of it in a special way in order that no one down the road was fooled, however, someone didnt examine the jacket well enough. Sad to say, the stuff has been fooling people for a long time. I didn't have the heart to mention it to the specific collector, and he probably would not have believed me but its true. I still feel very bad about it, but then, I can't be responsible for someone else's criminal behavior, and I would have thought this collector would not have been fooled by something which most people would recognize as an obvious fake.

Comment

Karma baby .

There is a dot jacket on e-stand right now that I have doubts about .
              It looks like the same pattern as the one on Bruce Hermans site .
              Not the same jacket but that same weird pattern .
              Scott have a look and could you cast your thoughts on the couple of items would ya old chap
              owen

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                Karma baby .

There is a dot jacket on e-stand right now that I have doubts about .
                It looks like the same pattern as the one on Bruce Hermans site .
                Not the same jacket but that same weird pattern .
                Scott have a look and could you cast your thoughts on the couple of items would ya old chap
                owen

The one set of pics are quite blurry, the other set are clear enough, and based on what I see, I wouldn't want to own either of those pieces. P.S. Kammo, your inbox is full to the brim! I've seen those "outlined" size markings before somewhere, and don't like them, let alone what I can see of the jacket, I could be wrong about the "blurry pics" so i will give it a hope, not much of one, but as to the one of BH's site IMO.
                Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 10-29-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Kammo man,

Owen...most men with little dots do admire those with the big dots. It's only natural and were here for you. Sorry I missed the last meeting and Kevin still says your a _ _ _!

Richard

Comment

That jacket oh BH' site is gone ... was there a couple of days ago ...

Comment

Originally posted by Krieg777 View Post
                      That jacket oh BH' site is gone ... was there a couple of days ago ...
                      No, it was there two hours ago.

Comment

The new ATF dots are good as a repro, plenty of mistakes/details that should stop them from being sold as originals.

Comment

Originally posted by B. Dietz View Post
                          The new ATF dots are good as a repro, plenty of mistakes/details that should stop them from being sold as originals.

Yes, the pattern can be recognized quick when looking at the details.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

guys
                            My real set of Dot has both small and large so I kinda got best of both worlds .
                            Kevin will get what is comming to him at thew West coast historical show in a week !!!!!!!!!
                            Yeah a great show to hunt for more goodies !!!!
                            See you all there .
                            owen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X