No announcement yet.

TK tab E Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly a fantastic cuff title...congrats to the fortunate owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      H, thank you for the period foto you posted earlier. It caught my attention in that it seems to have many similarities with the Plabst Tabs. I can't help but notice there is no wool coming through the top skull sutures on the period foto like so many of the accepted real tabs and then there is the very close simliarity of the period foto bones to the bones of the Plabst Tabs.

I am not calling anybody's Tabs fake I am just thinking it could be possible there are far more varieties of this Tab than we know.
      When I saw the posted photo I also noted the similarity...note also the ends of the crossbones, very curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        No, it is the EM/NCO RZM machine embroidered Oberbayern skull. It is the cuff title that haunts the dreams of SS insignia collectors.

Bob Hritz
        Thanks Bob, I never apply these terms - RZM and Bevo - correctly.. Can you please explain to me because I for some reason call all embroidered insignia - "RZM" and all flat-woven - "Bevo" Ha-ha I know something wrong

Comment

John,

The stupid smiles comes from the text being copied from word, this forum does not support copy/paste from word and because of that gives these stupid smiles, should be fixed by admin really. Sorry for those!

The statement was re this line from Grant;

"I await to see what Peter brings forth in his new thread about the tabs. But, for me, he is going to have to prove without a reasonable doubt, that they are fake. No lame excuses, or here say theories, it has to be proof, solid proof!!"

Peter

Originally posted by John View Post
          We are not in US court........this is not 9/11 or <ST1><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city w:st="on">Guantanamo</st1:city></ST1> By Peter v L post # 207

Peter v L,
          What does this statement from you have to do with this subject ????? And why the smiling face?????
          John
          JF

www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Peter-

I thought the smiles were because you were a very happy fellow!

John (T)

Comment

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Obvioulsy nothing works with Windows 7

:-) :-)

p

Originally posted by john t View Post
              peter-

i thought the smiles were because you were a very happy fellow!

John (t)

sigpic

Comment

The similarity between the Plabst tabs and the tab in the photo is astonishing...especially the tab all the way on the far right. When the photo is blown up it distorts the tab obviously as in photography you will get better details by shrinking something and blowing something up without proper imaging software will just magnify distortions, but when you compare the original photo to the tabs (especially the tab all the way to the right) the comparision is most curious. Surely this is not Plabst in the photo, most queer indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter v L View Post
                  :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Obvioulsy nothing works with Windows 7

:-) :-)

p
                  HI Peter-

I am one of the poindexters who got stuck with Windows Vista on all my machines, a victim of savy Microsoft marketing (incompetance?) For some reason this PC does not have spell check but my laptop does and they are both Vista.

:-) =)

Comment

A Picture is worth..

Nice Jaw Comparison.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Quite telling actually

PETER

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Nice Jaw Comparison.

sigpic

Comment

New Pics

Consulting the Oracle, I finally got permission to post this Picture of the Plabst Tabs prior to their restoration.
                        Attached Files

Comment

No Buckram

The reson the Tabs were found with no Buckram is evident in period Fotos. I was able to locate many Pics of early TK Soldiers wearing these Tabs with no Buckram. Apparently it was removed as it was uncomfortable on the Collar.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tabs and also the photo quality and its angle of it counts a lot to judge such rare material.

Now I would be interested in the Mr. Fuller follow up ... for sure it will come sometime.

Comment

I would be tickled pink to have them in my collection. However, I did like them better before the restoration.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Great tabs DR!

---even with the photo quality being less than the greatest...you can clearly see on the right tab, at the right edge, the stitch line, that combined with that faded tan color to the thread being indicative of period tunic usage, when the tabs saw the light of day during some brief scuffling with French Colonials in the West, but who has the Oracle proclaimed the ONE?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X