RODO Buckles-who got 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RODO Buckles-who got 'em?

I have read many threads on RODO SS-EM buckles, and the consensus is that they were made after 1943, and the feldgrau paint may or may not make them exclusively combat issue. I also understand that silver buckles were also issued to "combat" units.
    My question is whether anyone knows which units were actually issued RODO buckles, based on photo evidence. Does any unit seem to have predominately feldgrau painted buckles, or was the distribution hap hazard? I've seen countless combat photos of Waffen-SS troops, and it seems that the predominate buckle color is silver.
    "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
    -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

RODO Buckle

I think you might just be asking a bit too much .... ? IMHO you were issued with a buckle for the use of. Now, you must bare in mind that these Waffen SS guys wasn't collectors of their own insignia & equipment, therefore had no interest in which different marker of buckle they wore. As for the grey painted buckle, well you would have to check the regulations, but IMO this was because the buckle could not reflect the light and give the game away. But I get the feeling I am about to be told different. David

Comment

No, I think you are right on on that. What I am getting at is whether there is photo evidence to show that one unit or another got the painted buckles, or whether it was just random distribution. I realize you couldn't get it down to RODOs, as opposed to other painted buckles.
      For example, we can figure out which units got Panthers, and which units got Mk IVs by photo evidence, along with the actual documents.
      My query is just on a smaller scale!

Comment

Buckles

Ah ! OIC ...... I thought it a strange one to ask. David

Comment

Always thinking of new and interesting esoteric topics!

I guess none of our hard core SS researchers want to touch this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X