Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Honor Ring Update from Don Boyle

Hello everyone,

The ring posted in my prior thread for opinions has been checked out by Don Boyle and he has found it to be original. I want to thank all those who offered assistance and my special thanks to Don for his help.
    We have also been able to find the officer we believe the ring belonged to, he was an SS captain. So the research now continues.
    Best regards
    Howard
    Attached Files

It's a beaut! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by HowardC View Post
      Hello everyone,

The ring posted in my prior thread for opinions has been checked out by Don Boyle and he has found it to be original. I want to thank all those who offered assistance and my special thanks to Don for his help.
      We have also been able to find the officer we believe the ring belonged to, he was an SS captain. So the research now continues.
      Best regards
      Howard
      Congrats Howard on a fine original ring!

Comment

You certainly did the right thing and got Don's letter on it. You would never want to buy an Honor Ring and put it in a safe only to find out years later that it was not a good one. The fakers are working overtime to sell some of these and re-write history as well. Congratulations on having a good one.

Comment

SS ring

Hello to all,
          I would like to kno'w your opinions about this ring.
          For my looks good with"800" proof but generally I so the proof inside the ring.
          Any way please more info.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry please remove to new post

Comment

Sorry to say, this ss ring ( the last one with the runes) is pure fantasy crap.

Comment

fANTASY

Well it is a Fantasy Ring but it would be good for knocking out Teeth at the local Biker Bar, Have fun !

Comment

Ring

Congratulations !!! This is now youking: Yes!!! Thanks for the update. THERE IS A VALUABLE LESSON FROM THIS THREAD!! Never underestimate the value of concentrating on the ENGRAVING to help determine originality. I wasn't crazy about this ring, but I liked the engraving. Even before Don had this ring in his hand, he e-mailed me that from the photos, he liked the engraving, also. He has always considered this aspect to be very important.

Comment

Ring

OOPS!! THIS is the king

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X