Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drop-eye fake skull right?

Comment

I received a better interior picture of the stitching. As the stitching for both emblems seems to be the same and as the skull is recognized as being a fake, it is clear that Ian is correct in mentioning that the emblems are added later.

Thanks for the time guys, that saves me a bad deal!
      Attached Files

Comment

Fez

I once had a fez that looks like this one, even the same blue sweatband, but it had different insignia. I like to see the bottom lip of the fez to flare out a little from sitting for years and years. Of course, if it was stored on it's side, this feature would not be present. The skull looks pretty funky on this one.

Comment

All the fezes that I have seen and handled do not have that type of stitching or thread used. I have no problem with the fez itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
            All the fezes that I have seen and handled do not have that type of stitching or thread used. I have no problem with the fez itself.
            I agree with Dennis here

Comment

Its the same fez I was asking about in this thread.It was on ebay some time back.
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=353102

Cheers
              Dave.

Comment

Hi,

The fez original, but the insignias

Comment

Fez

I have learned a lot again regarding these Fez's!

I am still confused about 1 part of it;
                  - the skull is a repro, but is the eagle also definately a repro ?

Comment

No extra hole from stitching, so both applied at the same time.
                    Thread i think would be black...from what i've seen on others.
                    I would pass

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      I am still confused about 1 part of it;
                      - the skull is a repro, but is the eagle also definately a repro ?
                      I feel the eagle is original but NOT to this cap, it has the signs of being on the fold of a sidecap and been resting on something rusty (?) could be wrong though.

Ironically it's usually the other way round where the common spotted red fezes are stripped of their insignia to place them on a Heer M43 or Coastal Artillery sidecap.

Ian.

Comment

The eagle is original; as to it being original to the fez is certainly open to conjecture due to the staining (age) on it and nothing else?
                        The totenkopf we can determine as a reproduction.
                        The fez is a good example of an original, if not intact (sweatband).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X