MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Early?) SS Officer tab pair . . . opinions welcomed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The collar tabs that started this thread also look a bit longer than customary. I don't like the rank collar tab either. I don't collect SS but would pass on this pair myself... personal preferences.

Bob

Comment

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to offer an honest opinion . . . I will place them on the E-Stand shortly, with a link to this thread.

Comment

Tabs

I don't care for them either.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
          I don't care for them either.
          I appreciate your time . . . thanks.

Comment

Just to clear things up . . . I purchased these from Peter Jenkins earlier this Summer.

Hopefully this will alleviate all of the confusion being expressed through multiple PM's . . .

Comment

Originally posted by relicstashr View Post
              N.C. I find nothing wrong with the length of your ASS tabs. Early tabs are often this long rectangular length. The correspond to SA tabs which makes perfect sense since they were a part of the SA at the time of collar tab inception. Also tabs were not always laying around premade with the numbers. You went into a tailor shop and had a bulk blank tab emboidered and piped in what you needed. Also do not forget that officers bought their own whereas em nco were issued and probably contracted from a single source. If you search thru photos you will find this shape on many tabs when part of the SA and for awhile after they split up. Everything on your set of tabs conforms to early SS tabs-the embroidery style-the piping and the length. They were probably bulk tabs for either Berlin-Brandenburg or Niedersachsen tailor embroidered for an ASS officer.
              Something I never considered regarding the shape of early tabs - just thought I'd "link" this great tip offered in another thread . . . more food for thought.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X