No announcement yet.

KIA: FJ helmet, FG 42, SS uniform???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probally moved the body in a good position, trew in a FG42 and FJ helmet but i don't think they changed that uniform.
    Why the hell would they? they could have gotten all kinds of good looking uniforms from over there!
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Maybe that is the disguise Martin Bornmann used when he got killed while trying to flee from Berlin. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
        They probally moved the body in a good position, trew in a FG42 and FJ helmet but i don't think they changed that uniform.
        Why the hell would they? they could have gotten all kinds of good looking uniforms from over there!
        All kinds of good looking uniforms... and not so good looking owners of those uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
          Maybe that is the disguise Martin Bornmann used when he got killed while trying to flee from Berlin. Jacques
          Borman was not a 42 Long. More like a 42 Fat.

Comment

Originally posted by MauserKar98k View Post
            Anyone else notice that his PPsh is missing a mag and he doesn't appear to be carrying any ammo?
            Good observation!
            I saw the missing mag as well. When there is no combat, actors do not have any need for a mag.
            Another sign of it being a totally staged photo.

It is as rare to find an actual combat photo from Soviet WW2 era, as finding a virgin in Reperbahn in Hamburg.

Cheers,
            Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

It is as rare to find an actual combat photo from Soviet WW2 era, as finding a virgin in Reperbahn in Hamburg.

Cheers,
              Felix
              I would have to disagree. I found several, depending how many Euro I had....

Comment

my opinion

i think its half and half, the man is probably volksturm and didnt have a gun or helmet so a FJ's were threw in. also if it were purely staged id think the russian chosen for the pic would have lots of medals

Comment

" Lots of medals " , " staged Soviet pictures " ..

Here comes my favorite from the Reichskanzlei again !
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have seen a better copy and have somewhere a better copy of this photo.

The Haupsturmfuhrer is in the better copy, IS clearly wearing a wehrmacht eagle and a danish shield. I believe the photo is quite original and no photo set-up. Look at the civilians in the back. panzerfaust and steelhelmet in the side of the street etc etc. This could easely been taken 1 or 2 of mai
                    Last edited by Jens; 09-25-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

There also appears to be another tunic or something laying on the rubble to the right of the photo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X