Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Stick Pin questions

Hello,

I have two SS Stick Pins that have been in my small German collection for over 20 years. Can you please tell me if they are original? I believe one is a SS membership pin. Is is marked "HoffstatterlBonn" and has a stamped serial number 1693 on the reverse. The other is a SS Female auxiliary pin marked, I think as my eyes are getting bad, "Deschmelr Mchn.8" on the top, serial #D51891 on the bottom and has a "Ges" and Gesch" marked where the pin assembly attaches to the pin. Any help would be appreciated. I have not collecte German items in a number of years and have forgotten what little I knew.

I have attached scans to the post and can send others on request.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Attached Files

Additional Photo

Picture of the front.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by emaier3 View Post
      Hello,

I have two SS Stick Pins that have been in my small German collection for over 20 years. Can you please tell me if they are original? I believe one is a SS membership pin. Is is marked "HoffstatterlBonn" and has a stamped serial number 1693 on the reverse. The other is a SS Female auxiliary pin marked, I think as my eyes are getting bad, "Deschmelr Mchn.8" on the top, serial #D51891 on the bottom and has a "Ges" and Gesch" marked where the pin assembly attaches to the pin. Any help would be appreciated. I have not collecte German items in a number of years and have forgotten what little I knew.

I have attached scans to the post and can send others on request.

Thanks,
      Ed
      Yes.

Comment

Both are originals.

Comment

Pics are not clear,BUT the Hoffstatter pin is a copy.
          Should be marked also with Ges Gesch.Also dont like the raised letters
          of the Maker name.Commonly accepted as a "No NO".
          The FM pin is not a female helpers but a Supporters of the SS membership
          pin.Need a clearer pic to read correctly,but no doubt somebody will pop up!!
          Cheers
          Seiler.

Comment

The SS Civil Stickpin is a copy.

And the SS "Förderndes Mitglied" stickpin looks also not original, maybe pics are lying but thats my oppinion.

Br Pzb14

Comment

Original or fake?

Thank you for your opinios. So far its a split decision. I would also like to ask what these pins are worth if they are original? I would like to sell them and want an idea of value.

Thanks again,
              Ed

Comment

The last genuine SS Zivil pin on here with a number that was
                I think 116*** was a nice one at about $350
                FM about same.IMO
                Seiler

Comment

Here's a discussion on that " raised " Hoffstätter logo ..

>> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...bership+pin+SS
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                    Here's a discussion on that " raised " Hoffstätter logo ..

>> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...bership+pin+SS
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Thank you so much for the link. So, if I read it correctly, my SS stick pin matches all of the acceptable criteria of an original pin.

Thanks again,
                    Ed

Comment

Can we get a better picture of the front of the stickpin ?

Comment

Let me refraze my last post. Pin is a copy , lettering is wrong and the front enamel us sub par. Sorry if I implied that there may be hope for it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X