Hi experts,

plz share ur knowledge with me.

what abou this ring?

Br Pzb14
    Attached Files

1 nice patina, email fine worked
    Attached Files

Comment

2 marked silver i think 835 or 800 inside.
      Attached Files

Comment

outside, for me an unknow marker? sign, maybe someone knows more about it
        Attached Files

Comment

more
          Attached Files

Comment

from above
            Attached Files

Comment

last one
              Attached Files

Comment

Ring

I'm no expert on this type of ring, but it looks like what I'd expect an original to look like. That said, there are SO MANY fakes, you have to be careful. Let's hear from an expert.......

Comment

Methinks 'tis a good'un...................for a change.

Comment

Newbie here. What would make this ring an original quality,wear? I have seen tons of these types and various variations of it all from shady eastern European countries?

Not stating my opinion on the ring just wondering.

Comment

From the pix, it looks like good quality.

It's a 1930s/1940s generic type silver ring that can be found with different enamel inserts.

Comment

Wish those marks were clearer!

I disagree with this statement:
                        "generic type silver ring that can be found with different enamel inserts."
                        This is a one piece ring,,if you broke out all the enamel you'd see the runes are the same part of the ring/band... The enamel goes in and gets fired,,then burnished / polished down to flush of the runes.. There is no switching of the cartouche,,an SS is an SS,, a SA has different tooling..

It would have been an early ring and I can't see it being marked outside of the band if German made..
                        I see things I like,,and things I don't,,,they been reproducing this pattern at least from the 70s!

The marks would be very telling IF we could make them out.........

Comment

I tried to scan the ring, but even then the outer mark is hard to see...

correction: when zoomed it looks like a little head or helmet with plumes and also the signs "4" on the left bottom, and "J" on the right bottom
                          Attached Files

Comment

front again
                            Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if this goes for rings as well or only for silver ware such as spoons or plates but I did some digging for you and came up with this.

German hallmarking system was unified in 1888 adopting the nation mark "crescent and crown" indicating the silver fineness in thousandths . This system is still in use in present days.

http://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_marks_a1884.html
                              http://www.silvercollection.it/germa...hallmark2.html

What you are describing seems to be a makers mark and not a proof mark tho.

Again not sure if this rule counts for small jewelry such as rings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X