fez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fez

Heres a fez thats been offered. Skull and eagle are bad and have been told that by the seller. He does claim fez is original. What do you SS experts say? What would be a fair price if I dont mind asking? May not even be worth messing with having to find original skull etc...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

fez is good but without insignia it has zero value, perhaps max 100$ if someone want it

Comment

Stitching on bottom edge looks modern to me. Could it be a Shriner's fez, all dressed up??
          I'd steer clear and spend that money elsewhere IMHO.

Comment

Inside shoT??

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
              fez is good but without insignia it has zero value, perhaps max 100$ if someone want it

I bought my stripped one for $200. Its in mint condition and the insignia was no doubt removed to restore an M43 cap... If those M43's are worth restoring so should a fez... wouldn't you think?
              Zero value? I am pleased with my cheapy fez... eventhough it has repro insignia tacked on it for the time being... still displayable...

check out this "beauty" (oh dear...)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=fez

Comment

I think a lot of guys that are "restoring" visor caps and overseas caps and M-43 caps with original insignia are just fooling themselves by adding real insignia to junk caps, I would rather have a fez that I know is real and not strip an original piece to make a hump job aka "parts cap"...

Best,

J

ps...I like the fez from the photos, stitching looks okay to me as does shape of fez inside shots would confirm...I have seen stripped ones sell from one to three or four hundred...

Comment

thanks for the replies. im asking for inside pics and will post them when i get them

Comment

inside pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

v
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                        I bought my stripped one for $200. Its in mint condition and the insignia was no doubt removed to restore an M43 cap... If those M43's are worth restoring so should a fez... wouldn't you think?
                        Zero value? I am pleased with my cheapy fez... eventhough it has repro insignia tacked on it for the time being... still displayable...

check out this "beauty" (oh dear...)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=fez
                        ok to be honest ,i have bought a fez one time only for insignia
                        but i have dont striped it,no,no but i know many guys from Europe that have done this in the past,,and yes few are forum members here

Comment

In my opinion an untouched red fez is your best bet. Say you pay $100-$200 for a stripped fez, then add to that $900-$1200 for a nice matching set of insignia, you can STILL pick up a very nice untouched fez for $1100-$1300. Money is the same & I really dont think you can restore one and make it look even half right. If people stop buying these stripped fez then maybe the scammers & destroyers will stop (fat chance) Regards Rich

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
                            In my opinion an untouched red fez is your best bet. Say you pay $100-$200 for a stripped fez, then add to that $900-$1200 for a nice matching set of insignia, you can STILL pick up a very nice untouched fez for $1100-$1300. Money is the same & I really dont think you can restore one and make it look even half right. If people stop buying these stripped fez then maybe the scammers & destroyers will stop (fat chance) Regards Rich
                            I agree with you Rich! I don't like the mint unussed (Dachau) items, and I don't buy it, but I think that it's really pity destroy a piece of story anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                              ok to be honest ,i have bought a fez one time only for insignia
                              but i have dont striped it,no,no but i know many guys from Europe that have done this in the past,,and yes few are forum members here
                              no. no that is bad bad bad. . . tell us who
                              please

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X