Tarnjacket M42 blurred edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smock

Has the elastic been replaced ? Was this on an English site recently?

Thanks
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BDE View Post
      Has the elastic been replaced ? Was this on an English site recently?

Thanks
      Brian
      No, it is coming from Hamburg.

I also got that impression, but if the smock is original I can live with the replaced elastic

Comment

Thanks to everybody for the support

Comment

This is good
          i like the mixed patterns !!
          owen

Comment

smock

the cuff ends are sewn and I ( a rooky at this ) thought the originals had unsewn edges at cuffs being the end of the pattern prints?

Comment

Originally posted by tchuse View Post
              the cuff ends are sewn and I ( a rooky at this ) thought the originals had unsewn edges at cuffs being the end of the pattern prints?
              Not always , some have sewn edges on the cuffs . I suspect the selvage edge was a preferred way of making them but there may not have been enough on hand at all times or some factories did it their own way.

Comment

What was/is the price of this piece?

Comment

$10200
                  The torso elastic is missing, but on the cuffs they are period and still very strong. The string as well is original.
                  Very minimum wear and colors still very bright – it think it was quite a good buy

Comment

I also like the weird white lines on this pullover .

Comment

I think for the condition, pattern, and what these seem to bring on other dealers sites, this price is not out of line. Granted, compared to what they fetched 10 years ago, it is, but its consistent with the increase in every area of is hobby. Panzer badges are now 3-4, they used to be 15, well, that was in the 70s' but ten years ago you could get a nice one for 100, and seemingly they were so common no one really paid much attention to them. Jump smocks now sell for 12-20, 6 years ago mint tan/water were fetching 6k. Soon, these smocks will be unaffordable for all but a very few, just my opinion. If one is of the notion often put forth "I don't want to be part of the price increase in this hobby and pay that ridiculous price", then dont be too upset when they are 15 for a garden variety one, and even less affordable when compared with today's prices. I'd pay that price for this condition if I had the spare $$$. AS the auto mechanics always say, "you can pay me now, or pay me more later"... Sorry for the rant

Comment

mine has selvaged edges at the cuff and the oiece of material holding the elastic has the same kind of edge

Comment

My blurred edge has a selvedge cuff and a turned over cuff .
                          There are NO rules .
                          owen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X