Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14th SS division cap?

Hello everyone .

Anyone have an opinion on this cap? Being sold as a SS galicia cap. I doubt this and think the little metal cap insignia was added later and not original since I haven't seen a metal galicia insignia and the trydant was used late in the war ( if I am correct). But I have no idea about the cap itself since I have been mainly focussing on insignia and awards, and headgear and uniforms seem to be a whole other minefield.

Excuse the picture quality and watermark I am waiting on better quality pictures and close ups.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Show inside cap....

Comment

Ukrainian cap

If the insignia is original to the cap, that will most likely be Ukrainian Home Army (UPA). 14th SS used standard SS issue uniforms, although exeptions and individual isignia could happen. Mr. Logus mentions SS helmet with added Ukrainian insignia in his book.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
        Show inside cap....
        Sorry had to wait for the seller to mail the pics.

I have no idea how the inside of one of these is supposed to look. So if anyone could tell me that would be very much appreciated. The cap isn't in great condition as you can see.

Just click the thumbnail and than full size. the pictures are huge and don't want to kill off the forum with 2 pics.

EDIT: The inside doesn't llike any M43 caps I have seen on this forum.

Comment

Even if the cap itself turns out to be authentic that trizub pinned to the cap is so easy to dummy up its not funny. They are cranking this stuff up by the pound. UPA/OUN belt buckles, bayonets, 'award documents' etc.. Don't pay any extra for the pin,,,except , if they have a period photo of the man wearing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
            Even if the cap itself turns out to be authentic that trizub pinned to the cap is so easy to dummy up its not funny. They are cranking this stuff up by the pound. UPA/OUN belt buckles, bayonets, 'award documents' etc.. Don't pay any extra for the pin,,,except , if they have a period photo of the man wearing it!
            Yeah that's what I thought doubt the pin is original it looks rather flimsy and as you said anyone can make one of those.

Thank you everyone for the advice and comments

Comment

Inside cap told me all. Cap is from Poland, was many times offered to sale.

Even if some original UPA re -cut (with mysterius part of zelt), to poor condition for me.

With some lucky and money you can find and buy original german M-43 cap in really good condition, IMO.

Comment

The cap is original, but its field made by UPA. There is another UPA (Ukrainian Insurgence Army) cap with similar zelt underlay in another collection. Its a nice authetic piece, however what bothered me was the watermarks on the photos. Could it be that the seller borrowed the photos from somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
                  The cap is original, but its field made by UPA. There is another UPA (Ukrainian Insurgence Army) cap with similar zelt underlay in another collection. Its a nice authetic piece, however what bothered me was the watermarks on the photos. Could it be that the seller borrowed the photos from somewhere else?

Yeah I thought that was a little wierd but the seller did send me the pictures I requested. The item sold for 275 EUR which was more than I wanted to pay for a doubtfull ( at that time) cap with a more than likely fake insignia.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X