SS Collar Tab & Schirmmuetze Adler Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collar Tab & Schirmmuetze Adler Help

Hello folks. A good friend gave me a bag full of sundry "nazi" items he'd come across in order to help sort out the good from the bad. Most of the items were outright and very obvious fakes, but there were a few items which were OK, and I believe these two SS cloth pieces may have some chance, at least as far as I can tell construction-wise. They both appear to possibly have been removed from a uniform (especially the bird) The collar tab has a dark green thread twisting through the silver border (visible only from the rear) which may be discernible from the photo. The "sheen" visible on the canvas backing is a result of the flash. If any of you knowledgeable SS cloth folks could make some assessment of these two items I'd appreciate hearing from you. Oh, and lastly, my mistake on the title. I know this bird belongs on an M43 or a Schiffchen and not a visor cap...brain fart. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Cap eagle is original (probably from a fez) the tab may be correct but seem oddly aligned .... may just be shrinkage etc ? But there's definate signs of unterlagen.

Ian

Comment

Thanks a lot. My "gut" instinct is that both are good, as they both show age and the construction looks pretty much correct as far as I can tell, but I'm thankful for any educated opinions from folks more knowledgeable than I when it comes to SS cloth! Thanks for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by Milton View Post
          Thanks a lot. My "gut" instinct is that both are good, as they both show age and the construction looks pretty much correct as far as I can tell, but I'm thankful for any educated opinions from folks more knowledgeable than I when it comes to SS cloth! Thanks for your time!
          Don't crack the champagne just yet, wait for the experts on that tab ... I still have reservations.

Ian

Comment

No worries, they're not mine and I'm just trying to help him out by letting the "experts" have their say. With so many good quality repops out there, it's getting to be a minefield w/ these things, ESPECIALLY w/ SS. They were both stitched to an old piece of paper and appear to have been there forever. I had to remove them in order to photograph the backings. There was also more than likely a cloth Totenkopf along w/ them that appears to have either fallen off or been removed long ago...sadly. Thanks again for your time!

Comment

BTT. Any more input on these pieces? I really thought the SS cloth folks here might have a bit more to impart???

Comment

Both are original.

Comment

beauty

Comment

Thanks for your input gents, appreciate it! Now I've got to do some more work to ascertain what a fair value would be for the pair. Thx again!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X