Totenkopfring Tarnish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopfring Tarnish

Can the owners of original totenkopfrings weigh in on how much tarnish is actually on their ring? I'm NOT referring to the patina in the hand engraving or in the recesses. My contention is that a totenkopfring should NOT tarnish anywhere near the rate of the average silver ring. (There was an earlier thread on TKR metal composition). The inference is that if your ring tarnishes like normal silver, then it may not be authentic. For example, I can put my TK Ring in a drawer, and a year later, it's virtually identical. The amount it darkens is almost unnoticable, if at all. Can others weigh in?

Tkr

Addendum: I know that original rings I've seen are sometimes tarnished. I'm NOT saying they're not authentic. I'm referring to the rate of tarnish you can actually see happen over a period of time.

Comment

I have a ring that hasn't tarnished in 20 years.

Comment

My ring does not seem to have have ever been cleaned other than maybe soap and water. It is not tarnished, it has most all of the black in the recesses and I have seen no change in it during the 10 years that i have owned it.

I would believe that some storage environments could cause them to tarnish however.....for instance a high sulfur pollution in the air would most likely cause any silver content to tarnish...same would be true if in the ground or water with sulfur present.

Comment

No tarnish on mine either. I have seen some on Dealer sites that show a lot of tarnish and always wondered about them.

Comment

As far as I have been told the material is not pure silver. Someone has done a material composition analysis on this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X