SS INSIGNIA - opinions requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS INSIGNIA - opinions requested

Hi guys,can anyone help me with this insignia ?
    would like to know if its original or not.

thanks in advance

eddie

yes, all common, original tropical insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
      yes, all common, original tropical insignia.
      Hi bwanek1,
      thank you for your help
      the eagle on red background looks like it have white stitching did they make tropical with white stitching ?

Comment

Originally posted by kRazor View Post
        Hi bwanek1,
        thank you for your help
        the eagle on red background looks like it have white stitching did they make tropical with white stitching ?
        Machine-woven (aka BeVo) insignia were produced in various shades of white and gray for use with the field gray and black uniforms and in various shades of tan and yellow for use with the tropical uniforms. The two eagles shown are different tropical shades; neither is white.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
          Machine-woven (aka BeVo) insignia were produced in various shades of white and gray for use with the field gray and black uniforms and in various shades of tan and yellow for use with the tropical uniforms. The two eagles shown are different tropical shades; neither is white.
          Thank again for your help,
          i think there is white ones wore produced as well if so what is the difference ?

regards,

eddie

Comment

Brad's correct yours are tropical (commonly found unissued) and among the cheapest SS insignia available today. The actual pattern is the same, just a different colour detail material.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              Brad's correct yours are tropical (commonly found unissued) and among the cheapest SS insignia available today. The actual pattern is the same, just a different colour detail material.

Ian
              Hi Ian,
              thank you for the info,so if white one like the one attached would be tropical as well ?

Comment

That's a typical (non-tropical) sleeve eagle.

Ian

Comment

Brad,
                  The second eagle Eddie posted looks white to me, why is it considered tropical?
                  The pattern looks similar to the yellow one, but shouldn't the color determine trop or not?
                  Regards,
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                    That's a typical (non-tropical) sleeve eagle.

Ian
                    Thank you very much Ian,so from what i understand the first one shown here on red background is tropical but heave white color.

kind regards,

eddie

Comment

Originally posted by fldjr View Post
                      Brad,
                      The second eagle Eddie posted looks white to me, why is it considered tropical?
                      The pattern looks similar to the yellow one, but shouldn't the color determine trop or not?
                      Regards,
                      Fred
                      Fred,

As the exact same patterns were used to produce both tropical and "regular" eagles, my assessment of which eagles these are is based only on the color. The first eagle is unquestionably tropical and the second eagle also clearly appears to be one of the tropical shades to me--one of the lighter shades, but still tropical nonetheless. Perhaps my monitor (or yours) is off a bit.

Brad

Comment

The second eagle posted by kRazor looks like a standard non-tropical sleeve eagle to me.

(Unless the color on my monitor is off, which I don't think it is.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X