SS PEAKED SKULL opinions requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS PEAKED SKULL opinions requested

Hi guys can anyone help me with this skull ?
    would like to know if its original ?

thanks in advance

regards,

eddie

Original, re-soldered pins but nicely done.

Comment

Looks like clasic "true face of death" in Deschler made.

Comment

Thank you guys

regards,

eddie

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
          Original, re-soldered pins but nicely done.
          I am sure those re-soldered pins are secure, so it would be a good TK to restore a cap. However, it is a functional repair not a proper restoration, so the value is considerably less IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
            I am sure those re-soldered pins are secure, so it would be a good TK to restore a cap. However, it is a functional repair not a proper restoration, so the value is considerably less IMO.
            Hi bwanek1,do you think both pins re-soldered ?
            what would be fare price for this skull in this condition ?

regards,

eddie

Comment

Eddie, are you buying or selling?

Comment

Eddie, are you buying or selling?
                Trying to buy it.

Comment

Ok, well, the cheaper the better then!
                  Personnaly, if it was more than $400 I'd walk away but that's just me.

Comment

Ok, well, the cheaper the better then!
                    Personnaly, if it was more than $400 I'd walk away but that's just me.
                    Thank you Ben,
                    seller asking $700 for it i guess its to much,i just dont know prices on this skulls and don't see much for sale this days but when i see one its always over $1200 to $1300 for one in good condition.

regards,

eddie

Comment

It's like everything in this hobby Eddie, just depends on how bad you want it. For $700 I'd want a cupal Deschler with both prongs original and intact and in better condition than this one. But, someone else might bite the sellers hand off for this price. It's a sellers market with these bits of alloy. Everyone is looking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kRazor View Post
                        Thank you Ben,
                        seller asking $700 for it i guess its to much,i just dont know prices on this skulls and don't see much for sale this days but when i see one its always over $1200 to $1300 for one in good condition.

regards,

eddie
                        $700 is probably not a crazy price for a nice looking CupAl skull with two broken pins, but, personally, I think it is worth less as a result of someone having messed with it. I would value it higher if they had just left it alone with broken pins. Still, if I were in need of a TK to complete a cap, I would think $700 is a reasonable price to have a TK I could use and I might be able to overlook the crappy soldering job, since no one would ever see it, once it was attached.

Comment

Brad, I'm interested to know how one would go about restoring a TK like this without soldering on the broken pins? It's not like you can find original pins with bases to buy and then re-attach? or can you?

Comment

They look cold soldered rather than sweated on .... I'd also be nervous heating this skull up enough to melt solder properly.

Having said that, how easily can you afford $700 ? ... you may not be able to recoup your money straight away at that price versus it's condition.

Ian

Comment

Thank you all for all the info and help
                              gonna try to ask seller drop his price or wait for better one.

kind regards,

eddie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X