Leitheft signature ? mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leitheft signature ? mark?

If you are familiar with these, you will recognize the runic-like signature on the covers of each SS-Leitheft. Does anyone know what it is or signifies?

I found a signature of artist Karl Henneman who illustrated some of the SS-Weihnachtsbuch. Could this be a similar signature?

Some of the Leitheften had cover illustrations by Hans Klocker (Kloecker). Could this be his signature? If not, someone please enlighten me because I am only speculating. But I would like to know what the significance of this mark is on the leitheft covers.

it is his signature in runic initials.
    It is in form of a typical ligature like "Bind Rune"

Comment

Good information.

I was a bit puzzled by that as well.................thought it was a misprinted hagal-rune!

Comment

Michael, you agree that it is Klocker's signature/bind-rune? I notice that this mark does not appear on the blank leitheft covers.

Here is another mark but I do not know the artist: Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
          Michael, you agree that it is Klocker's signature/bind-rune? I notice that this mark does not appear on the blank leitheft covers.

Here is another mark but I do not know the artist: Do you?

Dont know for certain, but I believe it is again the initials of the artist(whomever he was) off hand it looks like it could be a T and a Z or an estzett/scharfes S ,even (double s)? .
          go through the heft and see if front page or back page (sometimes inside covers) for credits...it could be mentioned there ...but not likely. Then see if there is more Zeichnen(drawings) or Maler(paintings) and check for signatures and credit in margins.
          But most likely this will be left a mystery...unless someone from that SS Heften's country might know?
          Last edited by Michael Fay; 08-05-2009, 05:46 PM. Reason: estzett

Comment

Anyone out there know? I noticed that all foreign (outside Germany) leitheft contain this mark and the artwork is always the same with that nordic border.

I have been searching the text to no avail.

I did notice a quote by a "Theodor Storm" which would be a TS but dates under his quote are 1817 - 1888.

Comment

for sure not Theodor Storm, but it is worth to read his "Schimmelreiter".

Comment

I may have figured it out....

On the inside covers of these is printed:

"HERAUSGEBER: DER REICHSFUHRER SS - SS HAUPTAMT - VI/3"

"Publisher: RF SS - SS Main Office - VI/3"

Are those mystery runes merely a stylized "VI3" ??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X