• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer sleeve eagle opinions

hey guys, is she or
    Thanks in advance!

Not one I would trust...

Comment

No? I thought it looked ok, but then again bullion eagles are not exactly my area of expertise.
      Thanks for the advice, any other opinions?

Comment

it looks bad to me also

Comment

Everything about it is correct and nicely done....however in my opinion if original it is mint and has never been worn or used...I would guess its a modern reproduction and the ONLY way to tell is by examining it for the unterlagen and seeing it from the back and sides. Looking for that slight sign of age as well.

Comment

I agree with John, the only reason I feel its a fake rather than a mint original (from this pic) is that really wide backing cloth...

Comment

Thanks a lot for the opinions everybody! The eagle is packed away as I am out of town right now about to catch a flight home, but Ill be sure to post some more pics either tonight or tomorow.
              The back is covered by a black paper like substance.

Comment

Here are some more pics. Let me know if better quality pics are needed.

With the exception of smelling somewhat funny, it shows very little age.
                Let me know what your opinions are.
                Thanks!

Comment

I would guess its a recent reproduction just based on the lack of age and the style and as another pointed out the extensive black border. You still have a slight chance but its doubtful.

Comment

Thanks for you opinions guys.
                    John-the unterlagen is the cardboard template underneath the embroidery right? Do most repros lack it? I very gently pulled a piece of bullion aside and there is definitely a yellowish piece of paper or cardboard in there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X