Thule Society Bld.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thule Society Bld.

While in Munich I snapped a photo of how the building that housed the Thule society looks today.
    Attached Files

Great hotel!

Comment

Yes it is Robin but I had to stay in a cheaper joint.

Comment

Nice, I would like to get there one day. are any TR trappings still evident in the building?

Comment

now the Hotel 4 Jahreszeiten

here a nice website to discover some places in München:
          http://www.hitlerpages.com/pagina20.html

Comment

the propreitor of the elegant Hotel Vierjahreszeiten was a Thule supporter, (where The Thule met, of course).
            Fitting as the members were mostly lawyers,judges , university professors, Aristocrats,industrialists, doctors, scientists, and rich businessmen.
            You bet they ate well and drank fine french bubbly as they strove to create the answer to Kommunism.

Comment

Whatever became of the Thule society?

Comment

The Thule Society helped finance Hitler and the Party was later absorbed into the NSDAP I think.

Comment

Erich
                  Thanks for publishing this pic of Thule HQ. Most appreciated.

Comment

By coincidence that same building was shown yesterday on a discovery channel programme about Hess.

Comment

After the nazis came to power...and then took total power, there was a careful elimination of all origins of the party (and any potential competitors with a similar message) . This must have included the Thule. Soon after the reign of Hitler, you never more heard about the Thule. Now I am sure the Thule were both well connected enough and smart enough to know to voluntarily disappear, and just be nazis ...but if they resisted , the thule would have been forced out of existence very quickly....The nazis were cornering the market.

Comment

Early in the fifth century CE Claudian, in his poem, On the Fourth Consulship of the Emperor Honorius, Book VIII, rhapsodizes on the conquests of the emperor Theodosius, declaring that the,
                        "Orcades [Orkney Islands] ran red with Saxon slaughter; Thule was warm with the blood of Picts; ice-bound Hibernia [Ireland] wept for the heaps of slain Scots."
                        This implies that Thule was Scotland.

So, maybe I actually live in old Thule!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X